Lip Piercing and Playing

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by irishcornetboy, Dec 15, 2009.

1. Markie

Markie Forte User

Jan 4, 2009
    Clarksburg, WV
    You are hoping that piercing won't destroy your playing. Sorry can't give you any loop holes on this one. However, there may be an alterative. Pierce something else.

2. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    Let's keep the posting on subject. I realize that mutilation is a sensitive issue to some (like me), but the issue here is not sociology, it is the mechanics of playing. My post delete finger is getting an itch..................

3. J. Jericho

J. Jericho Fortissimo User

Mar 16, 2011
    What brain?

4. J. Jericho

J. Jericho Fortissimo User

Mar 16, 2011
    Amputations, maybe? IMO decapitation would result in no loss of brain matter whatsoever for people inclined toward self-mutilation. Might improve their appearance, too.

5. ThePorge

ThePorge New Friend

Feb 18, 2012
    Canton, GA
    Funny thing, I've never had a desire to pierce or tattoo by body and now I'm the one that's different. That's Checkmate in my book.

6. dangeorges

dangeorges Pianissimo User

Oct 20, 2010
    I would say that anything you do to your lip, mouth, or cheek region will affect embouchure and, eventually, performance.
    Although I highly recommend against any sort of piercing other than "traditional" ear lobe, it's ultimately your choice.

It will affect your playing.
    How much depends on your present embouchure, the placement of the piercing, and whether or not you will be playing with some sort of jewelry inserted into the piercing...

Happy playing!

7. fraserhutch

fraserhutch Mezzo Piano User

Jan 23, 2004
    Novato, CA, USA