Lip Piercing for a trumpet player

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by John Lamkin, Nov 14, 2010.

1. ewanmains

ewanmains Piano User

Jun 9, 2009
    Kilmarnock, UK
    How about replacing the piercing for an amado? That would solve it!
    ROFL

2. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    Kirby, Sweet idea! Then I can go canoeing with you and Brian 121212121212121212!!:lol::lol:

3. jbkirby

jbkirby Forte User

Sep 10, 2009
    Dothan, Alabama
    :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:ROFLROFLROFL

4. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    John,

Do you think it is worth the angst - is she really a trumpeter in a Goth's clothing?

We have some very lovely young ladies who've chosen that path - many are driven by demons other than the trumpet, and some move on over time. Patience is the catch-cry - but is she a trumpeter who needs rescuing? Is her talent inescapable? To take you to the Boss suggests she has some passion. Can you take a chance with her - sit her down, explain that you are challenged by her fashion sense and the possibility that she has damaged herself with respect to her embouchure - can you ask her to show you that you are wrong. Can you accept that you might be wrong. Teach man, teach, this is your mission - should you choose to accept it. :dontknow:

5. Markie

Markie Forte User

Jan 4, 2009
    Clarksburg, WV
    tedh1951 sez:
    To take you to the Boss suggests she has some passion.
    -------
    It could also mean that she's learned to use the administrative route to get her way in school.
    I've seen these types of students cause much trouble for well meaning faculty.
    Is it really worth butting heads over something that won't amount to a hill of beans 5 years from now?
    She don't need your help. She can flunk out quite well on her own.
    I'd see if she can be passed on to another professor. That way when she flunks, it will be someone else putting the results in the grade book, not you.

-------
    You can't help those who do not want your help.