Lip Problem

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by jeeper31, Oct 25, 2011.

1. jeeper31

jeeper31 New Friend

Jan 18, 2011
    I was thinking this. What is the best way to find a teacher in my area?

2. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    You can't not practice. Laying off and doing nothing for 2 weeks, you shouldn't be surprised that everything is out of whack. You should do what you can do and then stretch your limits a little at a time.

3. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Sorry about getting to this late, but I am finally free of the hospital (at least for another 2 weeks). I read others comments and basically, Tobylou is right on. All the increased blood flow volume of a whale and all the ice in Greenland, will not help lips that have been on vacation for 2 weeks. Muscle is Muscle is Muscle and unless you use muscle at LEAST every other day, tone will be lost. You have to build tone to have optimally functioning muscle. Without tone accuracy goes, endurance goes, overall performance quality goes...

So get back into tone (it'll take several weeks to retrain muscle back to optimal tone... usually 6 weeks), then practice every day (even better than every other day). Once you have your strength and tone back, then blood flow and ice will be beneficial to maintaining a performance while the performance is happening... Savvy
    ?

4. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    Thank you kind sir! I've noticed you are ONLY 40 posts away from becoming a member of the "Utimate' " user "club"!;-) I wanted to congratulate you now since you're not at the hospital and you can do 40 posts by mid-morning snack time.The weather is nice here so I have to go to work! :-( Since I will probably miss the glorious 5000th post when posted, please accept congratulations ahead of time! :bravo::bravo::bravo::bravo::bravo: