Lip problems

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Mamboman, Apr 13, 2012.

1. Mamboman

Mamboman Pianissimo User

Dec 28, 2011
    NSW Australia
    Hello people of TM.

What do you guys all say about stopping pimples that can come up on you face. That cause you to stop playing and really are annoying because you may have to miss out on rehearsals, gigs. Does anyone have any good remedys?

Thanks

2. AKtrumpet

AKtrumpet Piano User

Jun 4, 2010
    Alaska
    Time and patience.

There really are no quick fixes for these nasty things! :(

I would suggest talking to a doctor if they're recurrent and prohibit your playing.

3. chenzo

chenzo Piano User

Jul 18, 2008
    Aust
    I was told in my adolescent years that a good healthy balanced diet together with cleanliness will do wonders with teenage break outs.
    Wash face with a good bacterial soap using a flannel and hot water to open your skin pores then rinse with cold water to close pores.

Diet I think has a lot to do with our general heath and how we feel each day.

4. Mamboman

Mamboman Pianissimo User

Dec 28, 2011
    NSW Australia
    On the topic... do you reckon that rubbing alcohol would be bad to put on the mouthpiece to clean it?? it seems to be alright i cant imagine a problem?

5. stumac

stumac Fortissimo User

Oct 19, 2008
    Flinders Vic Australia
    Rubbing alchol will do no harm, I use a lemon dishwashing liquid as for my horns and clean them at the same time. I dont bother to disinfect my mps as I never lend them and I believe the molecular layer of Silver Oxide always present on a silver mp is an effictive bacteriacide.

Regards, Stuart.

6. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    Pop that sucker!! I agree with the diet comments also. I had one on my lip one time and it hurt! So I popped it (depending on the "variety", make sure you get the kernel too or it will still hurt.). Kept on playing.

7. xjb0906

xjb0906 Piano User

May 2, 2009
    Charlotte NC
    I grew a beard and mustache. The skin around the lips is no longer irritated by the razor and I get way fewer pimples now. It's worth a try.

8. codyb226

codyb226 Banned

Mar 9, 2011
    Florida, US

NO! DO NOT POP IT! Gary, help me out here.

By popping it you are releasing the infection to all of the pores around it. It will go in there and start your own pimple orchard.

9. codyb226

codyb226 Banned

Mar 9, 2011
    Florida, US
    Shaving does not help me, I have to shave my top lip at least every day. Just a little bit of stubble makes playing uncomfortable. If you can put your fingers up and feel just a little bit, time to go. I have noticed that if I go camping or something and forget my razor that when I get back I dont have to shave to play. I think that when it is between this and that length it is just irritating.

I dont think I could play with a full mustache, I use a lot of my top lip and having hair in there would be really annoying.

10. patkins

patkins Forte User

Nov 22, 2010
    Tuscaloosa, AL.
    Seelk a dermatologist who can prescribe a daily antibiotic and you wil better off.