Lip sluring fast?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by hhsTrumpet, Dec 12, 2011.

1. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    oh -- now it is the Vulgano/Onady technique -- hope you guys got that copyright protected --- I am sure Mice will be beating down your door to introduce that technique to the rest of the world --- ROFL ROFL ROFL

oh-well -- they say --- 2 heads are better than one, guess it took both of you, with both of your existentialistic ideas to come up with a combination of ideas that appeals to mice and perhaps men. ROFL ROFL ROFL

2. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    WHAT?:dontknow:

3. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    wow -- you don't read the classics!!!!!!! Ralph Waldo Emerson, and you obviously don't read Shakespeare --- so is that rhetorical or not?/
    O Romeo, Romeo, wherefore art though Romeo????????
    ROFL ROFL ROFL

4. Vulgano Brother

Vulgano Brother Moderator Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    We often get questions about "support," as in: "My teacher tells me I need to support more."

All too often will think of support requiring more work, so they'll add tension, in their upper torso. In order to understand what playing with support is, one has to experience it first. The RAY OF POWER concept, for example, avoids excessive upper body tension and often lets students experience support and the felling of it, as well as the impact on sound and range. This way, the student knows how it feels, how it sounds and how to get it. Sure beats repeating week after week "Support, dangit!" Most good teachers have an arsenal of these kinds of analogies.

5. Mark_Kindy

Mark_Kindy Mezzo Forte User

Jul 11, 2010
    Gainesville, FL
    It's almost like you're trying to get them to...dare I say it... use air support...without tension...
    O.O
    Great analogy Vulgano! :lol:

6. bumblebee

bumblebee Fortissimo User

Jan 21, 2010
    Great Southern Land
    Consider good Tai Chi practitioners; they know how to achieve great stability and strength in motion without tension. Similar to yoga I believe.

--bumblebee

7. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    again to simplify Kingtrumpetosophy for you young students and MOSTLY confused adults ---
    we just play the horn, and make music ----- and keep our mind focused on that!!!!!!!