listen to this fifth grader

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by rwguyker, Nov 5, 2009.

1. Fishgun

Fishgun Pianissimo User

Sep 26, 2009
    Please excuse me... I have to go wake up my 10 year old to make him practice. ;)

2. 24karat

24karat New Friend

Nov 6, 2009
    She is not Andre Rieu's daughter. Her name is Melissa Venema, and she was 13 when that was recorded in July, 2008. I was at that concert.

3. 24karat

24karat New Friend

Nov 6, 2009
  4. oldlou

oldlou Forte User

Aug 28, 2005
    Grand Rapids, Mi.
    After perusing Mellisama's utube renderings I am enthralled by her total mastery of the instrument. Her tone at all levels of dynamics is somewhat reminiscent of that of Alison Balsom. I sincerely hope that this wee Hollandisch girl will go far with her great talent.

OLDLOU>>

5. bagmangood

bagmangood Forte User

Hmm,
    the only word I could think of to describe it is. Wow. (well, maybe a stronger word, that isn't appropriate for the forums :roll:)

6. ManGo

ManGo Pianissimo User

Apr 10, 2008
    London
    Utube is great...if only they could put an idiot filter on the comments section. :D

7. bagmangood

bagmangood Forte User

8. Fishgun

Fishgun Pianissimo User

Sep 26, 2009
    Yeah... right... probably using a peashooter mpc. Now that I mention it, could somebody ask her what mpc she is using...? Uh... I bet she uses ta ka instead of tu ku... yeah, that's the problem. Of course it would have been better if her posture with the horn was proper... A little more work on her embouchure and I think that she will get the hang of it.

All tongue in cheek you know. She's certainly brilliant, a little star... just had to have a little fun.

9. JoeBlack

JoeBlack Pianissimo User

Oct 12, 2009
    Northern Ontario
    Simply inspiring!

10. The Dutch Guy

The Dutch Guy Piano User

Sep 22, 2008
    Netherlands
    there's a video of very high quality on her youtube profile.
    YouTube - Trompet8310's Channel
    Sounds like there's nothing wrong with her embouchure or her mouthpiece.