London attacks

Discussion in 'TM Lounge' started by JackD, Jul 7, 2005.

1. JackD

JackD Mezzo Forte User

Nov 30, 2003
    Manchester / London
    7 bombs have gone off in London

Hope all TMers are ok.

It's pretty much chaotic here right now. No transport at all - a tube train and a london bus were blown up in rush hour.

2. FreshBrewed

FreshBrewed Mezzo Piano User

Nov 11, 2003
    Houston, TX
    May God be with all of you in London in this time of uncertainty.

3. JackD

JackD Mezzo Forte User

Nov 30, 2003
    Manchester / London
    Thank you, Mike

4. ScreaminRaider

ScreaminRaider Piano User

Apr 22, 2004
    San Antonio, Tx
    May God be with you. You are all in my prayers.

5. Cornet1

Cornet1 Pianissimo User

May 22, 2005
    Essex, England
    Its 4 bombs so far,...one on top deck of bus, others on tube trains. Some are between stations so initial reports listed bombs at each station mentioned.

Emergency plan has worked very efficiently,...there is no panic on the streets except for some foreigners. Police are relaxed at stations and near to the incidents.

6. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    Jack,

I am furious about the attack on my Brit brothers and sisters and I hope that the casualties are as low as can be in a horrible situation like that. I pray for the swift recovery of those injured and solace or the families of those that have died.

We, on this side of the Atlantic, will always stand behind you in these times and I'm confident that if there's a way for us to help we will, as a government and as individuals. The English have always stood up to cowardice and those that hate life. Today, we stand united for you.

God bless you all. Be vigilant and be safe.

ML

7. JackD

JackD Mezzo Forte User

Nov 30, 2003
    Manchester / London
    Manny et al,

Thank you.

I am lucky that none of my family and friends have been hurt, but like you my thoughts are with those who have been directly affected by this awful thing.

Thankfully it appears this one has not caused as many deaths or injuries as the Madrid or Bali bombs, and nowhere near as many as 9/11.

These attacks have caused massive disruption - my mum is unable to get home from work, which is very near where the bus got blown up - my sister just called to say she might have to stay overnight at buckingham palace (where she works in a shop).

However, whatever the twisted aims of these people are, I am sure these attacks will have the very opposite effect. If anything this will increase our solidarity as a country and with our allies.

For sometime I was unable to get hold of my dad, who is a bus driver or my mum - because of telephone lines being jammed - so I was quite worried. Your words of support mean a lot, so thank you.

8. Wildman

Wildman Pianissimo User

Jun 23, 2005
    Time to destroy another dictatorship in the middle east. The morons just don't get it.

9. Mikey

Mikey Forte User

Oct 24, 2003
    These D*mn Ragheads have no fear................

What do we have to do to put the fear of God in them? All they care about is the 72 virgins that "Allah" promised them upon their deaths. I would personally love to kill a few and send them on their goal. But can't we give them a few worn out, flea-invested hookers instead?

So I used the "R" word..........

Sue me.

:x

10. Tootsall

Tootsall Fortissimo User

Oct 25, 2003
    Yee HAW!
    The biggest danger is that the non-Moslem world looses it's cool and starts random, revenge attacks on Mosques et al. Let's hope that never happens. In the meantime I wonder what the reviews of all those videotapes from London's closed-circuit monitors will reveal? I really pray that they can ID the perpetrators and dig them out.

I might be a "Canadian Liberal" but I've always believed that there is room for Capital Punishment in our justice system. This would be one such appropriate application. I am sure we can think of a few other instances!