Long Model Cornet - any chance?

Discussion in 'Horns' started by Andy Cooper, Jan 18, 2004.

1. Andy Cooper

Andy Cooper New Friend

Dec 31, 2003
    Indiana
    Ok - I'm aware that this would not be a big seller but I keep picking up my old large bore cornets and am amazed at how easy the high register is when played with a trumpet cup cornet mpc. If only they had a little better projection. How about a Kanstul COL 103 trumpet with a (trumpet shaped) cornet receiver and leadpipe set to bring the resistance up to about a .465 bore feel. This level of resistance would allow the use of wide open British Band type cornet mouthpieces and "trumpet cup" style cornet mouthpieces.
    Built on the COL 103 body, the instrument could be affordable as a second instrument and allow me to replace my Conn Vic cornet (which does a good substitute for trumpet but is too large bore to use a BB cornet mpc on. Has the Kanstul Co. ever done one of these as a special order?

2. JACKKANSTUL

JACKKANSTUL Pianissimo User

Andy,

I do special orders for players all the time. Anyone can give me a call and put together a horn to their liking. I do have a few Long Model cornets for sale. You can either email me at: [email protected] or call: 480-753-3468.

To The Music,

Jack Kanstul