long time no see plus a new "friend"

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by chet fan, Aug 28, 2012.

1. chet fan

chet fan Piano User

Jul 3, 2009
    Hi

its been a long time since I last visited. A long time since last played trumpet. And I have a new friend

Bell's palsy

so...

i guess it is game over

2. Peter McNeill

Peter McNeill Utimate User

Jan 30, 2009
    Melbourne Australia
    Hi Chet fan,

It is great to hear from you - not so great to hear the bad news. It may not be Game over - just a slow recovery.

My info here from the Vic govt site says "Bell's palsy usually resolves by itself within a few months. Treatment options to alleviate some of the symptoms may include medications such as corticosteroids."

Bell's palsy | Better Health Channel

But take the time to listen to good music, and try to keep the buzz going if you can. AND keep in touch. All my best goes to you.
    I am sure the MDs on the site will chime in.

3. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    Amen to that. Try and stay healthy otherwise.

4. Buck with a Bach

Buck with a Bach Fortissimo User

Dec 29, 2009
    Canton, Ohio
    My SIL had Bell's at one time, she's still playing now. can't tell she ever had it. Hang in there, it'll get better.............:oops:

5. Cornyandy

Cornyandy Fortissimo User

Jan 9, 2010
    East Yorkshire
    Please, Please take this as a joke as I don't want to diminish a condition which I have seen cause great problems for a number of friends.

I've had problems with Bells Palsy too I shake with delight every time I see the business end of a Trumpet

Chet Fan I hope things improve for you and the above crack cheers you up

6. trumpetup

trumpetup Piano User

Jan 12, 2009
    Godley, Texas
    Sorry to hear of your ailment chet fan. My sister in law also had Bell's Palsy and recovered completely. She doesn't play a wind instrument, but is an excellent piano player. She got chiropractor treatments and said it was helpful. She was good as new in about 3 months. That was about 15 years ago and she still talks insistently.:shock:
    Good luck and stay in touch with us.
    Bobby