Looking for a good teacher in the general Boise, ID area

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by ChopsGone, Jun 23, 2012.

1. ChopsGone

ChopsGone Forte User

Jan 26, 2009
    Northern California
    No responses in 6 days over on the other board, so hopefully Idaho's better represented here. My granddaughter is moving to Caldwell, ID, this summer (Boise area), and is looking for a good private teacher. She's an advanced high school student (played the Hindemith sonata for solo and ensemble contest this year; currently working through Arban's "14 Characteristic Studies" in lessons). Her interest is primarily in classical music although she did play lead in her school's jazz band last year. She's been fortunate to have an excellent teacher here - a mature working pro (7 shows a week lead player) with good classical training and experience. There won't be a lot of time between her arrival in that area and the beginning of school, so any suggestions for a good professional teacher in that general area could help a lot. Preferably the teacher would be a working pro, not a college student. Any thoughts?

2. amzi

amzi Forte User

Feb 18, 2010
    Northern California
    The first thing I would do is contact Justin Stamps--he's an adjunct professor at Boise State and associate principle with the Boise Philharmonic. If he can't take her as a student I'm betting he will know someone who can. [email protected]

3. ChopsGone

ChopsGone Forte User

Jan 26, 2009
    Northern California
    Thanks. My daughter already planned to contact Brad Peters and Justin Stamps because of their Boise Philharmonic and Boise State affiliations, but those are the only names we've managed to come up with so far. She'll try to contact potential teachers in the next couple of weeks, while she'll be in the area but the kids will still be here. The high school's web site has a link for lessons, but it's a dead link.