Looking for "Don't Cry for Me Argentina" Trumpet solo with concert band accompaniment

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by entrancing1, Jan 5, 2013.

1. entrancing1

entrancing1 Mezzo Piano User

Feb 16, 2010
    Buffalo, NY
    I could swear that Fred and I saw this while searching for ensemble music for the trumpet hang. Now Fred wants if for the band solo competition and I cant find it. Can anyone help?

2. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    Re: Looking for "Don't Cry for Me Argentina" Trumpet solo with concert band accompani

Evita??? One of the songs from the musical.

3. entrancing1

Feb 16, 2010
    Buffalo, NY
    Re: Looking for "Don't Cry for Me Argentina" Trumpet solo with concert band accompani

Yes it is one of the songs form the musical. I must have been on a fairly obscure site, maybe someone who is self publishing,when I saw it. All I am finding are band arrangements. No solos with band accompaniment.

4. bumblebee

bumblebee Fortissimo User

Jan 21, 2010
    Great Southern Land

Hmmm...

Evita is by Andrew Lloyd Webber and a few years ago there was a TV programme reporting how strictly Webber's company "The Really Useful Group" policed performances of his licensed works.

Shows | Evita official website | Really Useful Group

This link has further information about Evita, and also links to the company who manages the performances of Webber's work. They may be able to help you with the arrangement you seek and can let you know the licensing requirement for playing just one song, and without any theatrical component.

--bumblebee

5. entrancing1

Feb 16, 2010
    Buffalo, NY

Thanks, I am beginning to think that wherever I saw it it got pulled for licensing concerns. I have spent hours looking for it and cannot find it. I would think that I was hallucinating but my husband saw it too.

6. entrancing1

Feb 16, 2010
    Buffalo, NY

I found what I saw, It is an arrangement for solo cornet with Brass band accompaniment on the Solid Brass music web site, So I am not crazy or suffering with visual hallucinations, I'm just not remembering the details regarding the accompaniment. Thank you for your responses just the same...