Looking for easier version of Feels So Good

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by kctrumpeteer, Dec 12, 2010.

1. kctrumpeteer

kctrumpeteer Piano User

Dec 23, 2009
    I purchased the Chuck Mangione collection some time ago and now that they have the more authentic transcriptions, that's great, but I am not at the level to play "Feels so good" as it is written. I recall as a kid having a copy of Feels so good that was obviously written for more of an intermediate level student, and I have done some searching on the Internet to find it, but not much luck.

Anyone seen or know of the "easier" versions of playing this song? I looked online at some of the sheet music places, but mostly saw either what I already have or sets for jazz ensembles, but online they don't let you look through to get an idea of what the music looks like.

2. reedy

reedy Piano User

Jul 31, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK
    try putting it all up an octave then leave it out :p

haha, neh but seriously put it all down an octave, it is a relatively high piece especially on flug but the rhythms arnt to hard.

3. tjer52

tjer52 New Friend

Nov 24, 2009
    See if you can transpose it down into the key of Bb.

4. ComeBackKid

ComeBackKid Fortissimo User

May 11, 2009
    Yorba Linda, CA
    It's difficult to tell what will be easier since we don't know what you have. Who is the publisher and what is the key and range of the transcription?

I am a fan of Mangione's music and I have a book of 10 transcriptions and arrangements published by Hal Leonard. Some are published the way that Mangione played them at various concerts others do not state the source. The book has "Feels So Good" in it and it is not too tough. It has some grace notes and 32nd note triplets and goes to high C but whether this is easier than the one you have, I could not say. If you PM me, I could send a scanned sample of a page to let you see how it compares to what you have.

But, even if it is simpler and you decide to buy a copy of this collection, be forewarned that it does not have any other parts with it so when there is a long rest section (for a guitar/sax/keyboard solo, etc) there is nothing to fill that space. So, it is mostly just for fun practice unless you hook up with others who have compatible books for other instruments.