Looking for good suppliers of copper and nickle plateing solutions in USA

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by lovevixen555, Jan 1, 2009.

1. lovevixen555

lovevixen555 Banned

Nov 5, 2008
    Michigan
    Ok I am in Michigan if that helps but it shouldnot matter too much. So I have my tank designed. So far I useing a fish airation pump to agitate my solution and I have an old Singer Sewing Machine motor and wheel to rotate my part's for more even distrubition. SInce I am useing a plastic tank I will not be useing heat of any kind since it only serve to speed the process and is not required. I am useing a heavy duty car battery as my rectifier which is more then enough voltage and amperage for what I am doing. I can use copper or stainless steel for my anode as I have plenty of each on hand. I would prefer to use a ready made solution that I simply pour from a jug intomy tank. I would prefer not to have to keep a huge bag of cpper sulfate crystals and various acids laying around. Number on Ihave kids and as good as they are accidents happens so I try not keep that stuff aorund I would have to build a box and lock it up and put it inthe corner of my 80x80 pole barn to feel safe. I have contacted EPI and hope to hear back from them but if not does anyone have a good source?

I already know Anderson Plateing will build to size for about $25 a valve but that defeats the purpose of buildingmy own system. I want to have some fun and do it myself. If Ihave to go to the chemical supply house and brew my own that is fine but my last resort.

2. BrassOnLine

BrassOnLine Piano User

Nov 22, 2007
    Spain
    Check CaswellPlating. They are in the USA and provide plating solutions for hobbists.
    BEST WISHES !!!