Looking For Information

Discussion in 'TM Lounge' started by FreshBrewed, Feb 21, 2004.

1. FreshBrewed

FreshBrewed Mezzo Piano User

Nov 11, 2003
    Houston, TX
    If one were to have the financial means, how would one go about becoming a dealer? I know from talking to people that there is a need for them in parts of the country I am familiar with. What I really would like to know is who the people are and how I can contact them. This is something I would really like to do for the simple fact I've never done anything that didn't have to do with trumpets in one way or another, and my military career isn't forever. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

2. Tootsall

Tootsall Fortissimo User

Oct 25, 2003
    Yee HAW!
    Call or email the manufacturers! They can tell you if they have adequate and/or contracted coverage for different territories.

3. trpguyy

trpguyy Piano User

Nov 26, 2003
    Normally the manufacturer will require you to order a set amount of intruments. The best way to go about it with a quick turnaround is to get a few sales lined up in advance (i.e. students), order the horns on a credit card, and then you've already got the money to pay the bill. Some manufacturers will want you to always have some horns in stock, some won't. When I was a dealer for Wilson euphoniums, I was able to sell two horns to students, and the other to a colleague at dealer cost. No money lost, and they got a great deal.