looking for specific real / fake book ...

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by The Dutch Guy, May 11, 2009.

  1. The Dutch Guy

    The Dutch Guy Piano User

    402
    12
    Sep 22, 2008
    Netherlands
    I'm looking for something like a real or fake book (google the words if you don't know what I mean), but containing recent and well known songs from artists everybody knows. the kind of songs you allways hear when you turn on the radio.

    does this exist? or something like it? (link please?)
     
  2. veery715

    veery715 Utimate User

    5,010
    1,802
    Mar 6, 2007
    Ithaca NY
    Recent radio hits are not likely to be found in a book, because of copyright, royalty and residual issues. Even the current series of Real Books was originally an illegal compilation of tunes published w/o permissions of the originators, to be bought only secretly in the back rooms of music dealers.

    In addition, most current and recent hits could not be played/performed/covered, even free, without the permission of the writers/composers/publishers. It is this situation which disallows the use of live radio programming on "music-on-hold" telephone devices, even though the (involuntary) listener is paying nothing to hear it.

    Even if you manually transcribed such works you would encounter legal trouble if you covered them in a public venue, free or for pay, without first securing permission.

    veery

    P. S. 95 % of this post is guaranteed accurate. The other 5 % is this post-script.
     
  3. The Dutch Guy

    The Dutch Guy Piano User

    402
    12
    Sep 22, 2008
    Netherlands
    note that I am not looking for the entire composition, but just a one-instrument part of the songs.
     
  4. gbdeamer

    gbdeamer Forte User

    1,869
    210
    Oct 16, 2008
  5. Rushtucky

    Rushtucky Pianissimo User

    242
    2
    Sep 15, 2008
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    I have several "Fake Books" in .pdf format. Send me your email and I will attach and send what I have.
     

Share This Page