Looking for Trumpet teacher in Newcastle area, ie 2 hrs north of Sydney

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by trumpet60, Jan 29, 2011.

1. trumpet60

trumpet60 New Friend

Jan 18, 2011
    Folks
    I am looking for a "serious" trumpet teacher in Newcastle area, someone who has a very good knowledge of correct embouchbure/technique /mouthpiece position etc, I have been reading threads on this site and I am having probhems after many years of playing with sore lips/face.. I need help/I need a solution
    thanks

2. Aussie Matt

Aussie Matt Pianissimo User

Oct 12, 2010
    Don't know anyone personally but have you tried the local high schools? You could even contact the AMEB and see if they know of anyone in the area.

3. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    You might try and contact the Brisbane Waters (Brass) Band - I think it's brass band, be flexible in your search.

4. bumblebee

bumblebee Fortissimo User

Jan 21, 2010
    Great Southern Land
    I bought Pops McLaughlin's trumpet e-books and am seriously thinking of asking him for a few web-cam lessons. The e-books helped me immensely play relaxed in the upper register and increase my endurance, and Pops responded to a few queries I had by e-mail. I played with a lot of pressure and mouth tension for over 20 years - not knowing any better - and so although I wouldn't say I have a new embouchure, I would say I'm using my old one far better now.

Pops Trumpet lessons help trumpet players become pros is Pops' website. I mention this to you as a possible alternative to, or in addition to, your finding a Newcastle tutor. I believe there are other online teachers - Adam Rapa comes to mind.

--bumblebee