Looking to Identify An Unknown Trumpet

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by WhiteWolf, Nov 17, 2013.

1. WhiteWolf

WhiteWolf New Friend

Nov 14, 2013
    Nature Coast in Florida
    My step-son was given a trumpet a few years ago by his grandfather. It has a stylish letter "B" on the bell with the letters USA beneath it. The only other nomenclature are the numbers 70810001 along the valve assembly.

Can anyone tell me for sure what brand and model this is and what sort of value it has? The boy is now playing a baritone and a sax so he would like to sell this trumpet and doesn't want to list it for more than it is worth.

Thank you all.
    100_1613.jpg 100_1607.jpg 100_1596.jpg

2. ConnDirectorFan

ConnDirectorFan Fortissimo User

Nov 5, 2010
    United States
    The instrument you have here is a Chinese-made instrument; it's nothing special or any particular model. The distribution company is, of course, located in the U. S., but the USA on the bell is merely that misnomer. The instrument looks to be in good shape, so if it is mechanically stable and plays "decently-well" [having it play-tested by someone experienced might earn it that characteristic], you might get $75-150 for it. I'm sure someone else on the forum has something to say about this type of horn; I hope my bit helps...

3. WhiteWolf

WhiteWolf New Friend

Nov 14, 2013
    Nature Coast in Florida
    Thank you very much. Every bit of information helps. That "B" on the bell threw me off. I was looking at Besson, Bach, Blessing, etc.. If it came from China then it is no wonder I could not find a listing. Any idea where I may be able to find that serial number record? Maybe in Peeking? ;-)

4. ConnDirectorFan

ConnDirectorFan Fortissimo User

Nov 5, 2010
    United States
    I really have no idea about the serials - those and the various trade names are typical Chinese-horn coverups...I hope this answers your questions.

5. WhiteWolf

WhiteWolf New Friend

Nov 14, 2013
    Nature Coast in Florida
    It does help. Thank you, again.

6. bumblebee

bumblebee Fortissimo User

Jan 21, 2010
    Great Southern Land
  7. WhiteWolf

WhiteWolf New Friend

Nov 14, 2013
    Nature Coast in Florida
    Thank you. I saw that thread but wasn't sure since I saw no photo. Just posted a reply to that thread with the photo of the bell. Maybe the person will recognize it.