Looong time off

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by eisprl, Apr 16, 2005.

1. eisprl

eisprl Mezzo Piano User

Sep 26, 2004
    Halifax, NS CANADA
    So I am going away on a Military Leadership course next Tuesday. The one big problem here is that my trumpet will be taken away during this time. FOUR WEEKS!! :-o . I have a BERP and a spare mouthpiece (same one I always use). But I also have an old leadpipe that was taken off my C trumpet and replaced by a Herseth # 25A. I know that buzzing the leadpipe can help sometimes, but when it comes to four weeks off, what would you guys suggest?

This is what I think:

Use the leadpipe for warming up and use the BERP as a buzzing aid for about 20 min a day (if I have the time and if poeple can deal with it).

Let me know what you think.

Eric

2. bandman

bandman Forte User

Oct 16, 2004
    Lafayette, LA, USA
    Eric, I admire those who are commited to things, especially family, religion, music, and country. Right now you need to be concerned about learning all you can at that school. This way you will be able to take care of yourself, and also those who you command.

After you come back you will have plenty of time to get back on your horn. Until then, good luck, learn a lot, and take care of yourself.

3. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    Eric,

I completely agree with Bandman... take the time off. Who cares? Focus on your job. I've been in the position of taking 3 weeks off (it was only supposed to be two but a family emergency arose) and came back to play Mahler 8th on less than a week's notice afterwards. You won't forget how to play. Just play easy and intelligently when you get back. Simple as that.

ML