Lost chops

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by revjames, Apr 22, 2012.

1. BustedChops

BustedChops Mezzo Forte User

Oct 1, 2011
    I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice as of a trumpet.
    Revelation, 1. 10

:)Maybe you weren't in the spirit...

2. revjames

revjames Piano User

Nov 14, 2010
    Anglesey, North Wales
    Love it Busted.... maybe I wasnt..... no better place to play than in church giving the glory to God in my opinion....

3. BigDub

BigDub Fortissimo User

Dec 19, 2009
    Hillsborough, NJ
    It could be any number of things, Rev, but don't let it get you discouraged, above all. There is the possibility you tightened up so much due to the stress of performance anxiety, tightening up everything that needs to be relaxed, then comes the lack of any ability to make a sound. RELAX, then take plenty of big long easy breaths, and see how that may help. Think more on Glorifying Him than if I'm going to make a mistake or, will I be able to make a sound. I may be totally off, but it is my theory based on what has happened to me in the past as well.

4. BigDub

BigDub Fortissimo User

Dec 19, 2009
    Hillsborough, NJ
    Ah, Doc, only your grammar and spelling is bad, very bad. You're an OK guy really..........

5. revjames

revjames Piano User

Nov 14, 2010
    Anglesey, North Wales
    The thing was I was kinda put on the spot and cued to do a solo in a quiet part but I wasnt confident it would be quiet.... so the pressure was on to start in the right time on the right note and at the right volume so yes thinking about it there would have been some anxiety!

6. DaTrump

DaTrump Forte User

Oct 21, 2011
    Huntsville, Texas
    Yeah, a little deeper, but honestly just face time will fix your issue.

7. revjames

revjames Piano User

Nov 14, 2010
    Anglesey, North Wales
    Love that signature line daTrump...