Lost nearly an octave of range

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Hornlife98, Dec 26, 2014.

1. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    I like this "visualization" very much. it does take into account that an inexperienced driver will "stall" even if they are giving enough gas or moving the clutch smoothly enough BECAUSE IT IS THE SYNERGY OF THE CLUTCH, GAS PEDAL, EYES AND EARS OF THE DRIVER AS WELL AS THAT FEELING THAT YOU ONLY GET THROUGH PRACTICE!

Much, much better than any one parameter recommendation!

2. Tjnaples

Tjnaples Piano User

Aug 30, 2013
    Hawaii
    Rowuk, I was saying between the abs as the main pusher and the tongue acting as the valve that frees the chops up to not be the main pincher/arbiter for air release. Finessing how much to send up as to not overpower the tongue is the technique I wa saying. If the lips are the main arbiter of how much air leaves into the horn that is not the technique I've been taught. Thus, I do not agree with the latter technique. Should someone recommend different than that okey dokie artichokee, no problem here.

3. rowuk

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    Lets talk about this again about 6 months into your new horn. I got mine in 1997 and the first year was an eye, ear and body opener............... After additional Yoga and Alexander Technique lessons all of the bits lined up - how I have been reporting and teaching. Actually, the resistance of the body use/horn/mouthpiece/chops/tongue is our biggest helper. I find it impossible to separate them now.

4. Tjnaples

Tjnaples Piano User

Aug 30, 2013
    Hawaii
    Roger that Rowuk, I'll sincerely keep an open mind. But just so you know I'm learning trumpet technique from this Monette horn player: http://youtu.be/18hYzMWKOuw

5. rowuk

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    Adam is a top address. He is not only one of the finest players on the planet, he also has a great teaching record. 6 months........