LOUD

Discussion in 'Orchestra / Solo / Chamber Music' started by wiseone2, Feb 27, 2005.

1. wiseone2

wiseone2 Artitst in Residence Staff Member

Nov 19, 2003
    Brooklyn,NY
    My favorite loud moment is the Mahler Sixth lick accompanied by the log.
    Hmm....we could bring in the guys from the WWF to do guest shots on log :evil:

2. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    My favorite is the overflowing of the Rhine accompanied by the gong at the end of Gotterdammerung (forgive the missing umlauts... too lazy this morning to go to separate language "keyboard"). I used to sit right in front of the gong in the pit in Seattle. I loved every vibration of that thing.

ML

3. Jeroen Jongeling

Jeroen Jongeling Pianissimo User

Nov 10, 2003
    Amsterdam!!!
    Manny,

I know what you mean. I just finished two months of Götterdämmerung two weeks ago. That finale is fantastic. The conductor had us stand up in the pit playing that passage. Never knew I could play so loud on a rotary :oops: . I had to work like a madman to keep up with my colleagues on first and second chair! Never really liked the Wagner music, untill I played this opera. So much music going on, wow!
    My favourite "loud" passage is in the Shostakovich 11th symphony. I don't remember which movement, but you can't miss it. One of my favourite Shostakovich symphonies, together with the fourth and seventh.

Jeroen.

4. tpter1

tpter1 Forte User

Jan 12, 2005
    Northern New York
    My personal favorite is the ending of the Mahler 2nd...makes me breathe funny every time!