Louis Menardi on vinyl

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Valve_and_Vinyl, Oct 13, 2006.

1. Valve_and_Vinyl

Valve_and_Vinyl New Friend

Oct 13, 2006
    Hey guys,

I'm hoping someone can help me out.
    I collect records and recently I came accross an unusual one (I think):

Louis Menardi/THE TRUMPET "dix etudes" ala Raymond Sabrich 'demonstrating a Selmer trumpet'. London Records, 1954.

It's all original and in remarkable condition. I played it (twice) and was blown away. Fantastic musicianship. The recording quality is very good, too. Problem is- I can't find reference to it anywhere! I saw the other thread on this site that mentions it- but that's about it. It's in none of my record collecting books, and it's as if it doesn't exist.

Does anyone else have a copy on vinyl? Does anyone have volume 1? Does anyone know what it's worth??

2. wiseone2

wiseone2 Artitst in Residence Staff Member

Nov 19, 2003
    Brooklyn,NY
    It, in fact, is a recording of the Sabrich Etudes. I have a copy of the recording somewhere in my vinyl collection. I also have the actual music.........somewhere. One day I will get organized!
    Wilmer

3. Valve_and_Vinyl

Valve_and_Vinyl New Friend

Oct 13, 2006
    wiseone2,

It's quite nice, isn't it? :-)

I'm trying to determine its rarity- have you seen another one? Perhaps its common, but I doubt it. I'm guessing very few were pressed and even fewer survived much beyond its 1954 debut.

I just dropped the needle on it again this morning
    (Sumiko to Thorens to tube pre to tube monos- feeding vintage Altecs) and the sound coming off the walls was so convincing- my neighbor thought that I was performing it! :D
    Yeah, right! I wish! :cool:

Last edited: Oct 14, 2006