LOUNGE & CAGE

Discussion in 'TM Lounge' started by ROGERIO, Jan 26, 2006.

1. ROGERIO

ROGERIO Mezzo Forte User

Sep 30, 2004
    PHOENIX, AZ
    Moderators, (brought over in hopes of getting more attention... :-) )

Is there any way that LOUNGE & CAGE topics not be updated on the recent topics list???? This way only TRPT related topics will fill the few spaces available. Those that want to participate in those areas can go look for updated conversation.

Anyone agree???

Thanks.

2. Alex Yates

Alex Yates Forte User

Aug 11, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    OK. I whole-heartedly agree again. ;-)

3. Mikey

Mikey Forte User

Oct 24, 2003
    Look into it, I shall........

;-)

4. ROGERIO

ROGERIO Mezzo Forte User

Sep 30, 2004
    PHOENIX, AZ
    Mikey,

Do or do not. There is no "Try."
    - Yoda (The REAL Jedi Master)

Couldn't resist....

Thanks for looking into it. I may be out voted... but worth trying.

Rogerio

5. tpter1

tpter1 Forte User

Jan 12, 2005
    Northern New York
    You have my vote, as well.

Not replying to topics we feel are a waste of time is also helpful in getting them off the opening page.

6. gzent

gzent Fortissimo User

Nov 5, 2003
    Rochester, MN
    I had heard the phpBB software doesn't allow this, otherwise it would be great.

7. Alex Yates

Alex Yates Forte User

Aug 11, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    While that may be true Glenn, a nuisance can keep it on top all by themselves by simply continuing to post. :cry:

8. tpter1

tpter1 Forte User

Jan 12, 2005
    Northern New York
    Too true, Alex. Forgot about that.

9. Tootsall

Tootsall Fortissimo User

Oct 25, 2003
    Yee HAW!
    I think that the newer versions of phpBB software DOES allow the "hiding" of forums from the "New Posts" window but may also "hide" them from the main, "Forums" page which makes them completely inaccessible. Certainly it is something that should be asked of the site administrator (and I'd guess that this is already "in the works"?)

The down-side of course is that some of the non-trumpet discussions that ARE "entertaining and/or educational" won't live too long if they are "hidden" all the time.

I'd just say that by now we know which threads "have lost their importance" and shouldn't even need to be read. If I see a book that I am not interested in reading on the bookshelf at the library I just don't sign the book out. What I don't do is go and demand that the library "hide" the book.

10. gzent

gzent Fortissimo User

Nov 5, 2003
    Rochester, MN
    OK, how would you react if everytime you walked into the library someone stuck a copy of the National Enquirer, The Star, etc. in your face while you were trying to find the book you wanted to read?