Low Notes for warm -up

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by anthony, Jul 12, 2009.

1. anthony

anthony Mezzo Piano User

Mar 3, 2009
    Thank you everyone everbody at TM are the best I asked about low notes to be used for warm-up and you guys went the extra mile and gave me a lot of very useful information about HOW AND WHAT TO PRACTICE ,you guys are great .I am very happy to be a member of TM and maybe one day I'll be a trumpet player like you guys ,Thank you all ,Anthony :play:

2. birferd

birferd New Friend

Oct 24, 2008
    Lindenhurst, IL
    I go along with the warm-up that starts in the middle ofr the staff and extends both higher and lower, with one slight difference. I limit the above the staff warm-up until I am REALLY warm. That way, I don't waste too many. Only seem to have so many of those in me each day.

3. ComeBackKid

ComeBackKid Fortissimo User

May 11, 2009
    Yorba Linda, CA
    I also have only so many but comparing your inventory to mine, it looks like you may have a lot more notes in you than I do. It will take more to keep your horns happy than it takes to keep mine happy (some of mine only need one or two a day to be content). I would guess that your Fluegelhorn and your 1930 trumpet EACH want more notes than all of mine combined.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2009
  4. birferd

birferd New Friend

Oct 24, 2008
    Lindenhurst, IL
    Good point ComeBackKid. The Fluegel was the only horn I played for about 15 years, so it has had more than it's fair share of lip time. This is my second comeback. The Frank is interesting, but I have not mastered it yet. Has a big bore, but narrow bell. Plus no pinky hook. I want to put one on, but am reluctant to, because that would be a non-standard mod. The horn is very clean. Mostly I just can't keep my hands off the Severinsen. Very close to the one I had in college.