Low notes problem!

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Nico Kelevra, Sep 5, 2012.

1. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    oh, I see - my mistake for hasty reading ---- yeah, like most have said --- it takes patience, and lots and lots of air. I view it like this -- you need lots of slow volumes of air, "fat lazy air", but lots of it!!. I know that doesn't' make sense to a lot of people --- but it is MY ananlogy. You also need to keep the aperture the same as most other things, perhaps "opening" it ever so slightly --- but don't need huge changes. I think like this -- your blowing out a 3" diameter candle, but it is only 3 inches a way ---- big air, not so fast. Although people disagree with the "fast air" --- (((those people are whacked anyhow))) -- and the higher notes need you to blow out a candle (perhaps a smaller 7/8" diameter candle -- but the candle is 5 feet away) and you need focused concentrated air for the higher notes --- YET the aperture only has fine tuning movements. EVENTUALLY, you should be able to do the octave leaps (ie. LOW G - below the C below the staff -- to 2nd line G, to G on top of the staff ---and also the 2 octave leaps --- (low G to G on the staff) and some in between more or less by using your air)

be patient --- it takes time and practice ---

2. Nico Kelevra

Nico Kelevra New Friend

Aug 1, 2012
    Carapachay, Argentina
    Ok, that will help me a lot too! Don't think that you have not understand what I say, I just have problems with the language!

3. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    not a problem --- we have DR's on this site -- who can't SPELL the language, even though they are supposed to SPEAK ENGLISH FLUENTLY----- WE LOVE THEM TOO!!! -- play and be happy, this is the whole point!!!!

4. GijsVis

GijsVis Piano User

Jul 23, 2012
    That's not heard a lot out here :lol:

Last edited: Sep 7, 2012
  5. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    for the DR's on this SITE -- that is supposed to read "That is not HEARD a lot out here" ---- keep in mind GijsVis is not from America -- albeit most of you doctors from America are supposed to know how to spell, so we cut GV some slack!!!!! ROFL ROFL ROFL

6. GijsVis

GijsVis Piano User

Jul 23, 2012
    I am so very sorry. :lol: I type so much in both Dutch and English (and German) in a day, I make quite some mistakes. And I totally hate it when someone starts speaking Dutch to me when I'm typing in English (Ehum, brothers). But I get better at it every day :)