Low register Double tongueing

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by cobragamer, Jul 11, 2011.

1. trumpetnick

trumpetnick Fortissimo User

Nov 16, 2005
    Vidin, Bulgaria
    Gary,

Where are you when we need you?

2. Vulgano Brother

Vulgano Brother Moderator Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    Before working on multiple tonguing in the lower register I would make sure lower register "pops" with the single tongue.

Have fun!

3. trickg

trickg Utimate User

Oct 26, 2003
    Baltimore/DC
    The only thing you are changing is air speed, and due to the speed, the moisture in the air leaves faster. Don't believe me? Next time you need to clean your glasses, instead of blowing "warm air," put the glasses really close to your lips and blow your "cool" air - they fog up just the same because the moisture hasn't had a chance to dispell due to the air velocity - it's still coming out at 98.6 degrees, and it's still full of moisture. (I know this to be true because I just did it with my sunglasses sitting here on the desk.)

The difference isn't in the actual temperature because in this case, the air has zero chance to cool off before going into the mouthpiece (the air velocity causes the evaporation that causes the cooling in the case where you are blowing on soup to try to cool it) but rather in the mental imagery you are using to facilitate the end goal.

4. jiarby

jiarby Fortissimo User

May 7, 2011
    Arizona
    exactly... it is really just sort of an "analogy" to help a player imagine deeper breath control.... not a physical temp thing.