Made in China

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by crowmadic, Nov 28, 2007.

1. tatakata

tatakata Mezzo Forte User

May 29, 2007
    I'm not mad. I'm just wondering how many more questions you are going to ask about cheap Chinesse trumpets before you pull the trigger. We have determined that the Chinese can make anything they want and can do it well if they want. Most people have not come across a good Chinesse trumpet. Just buy one and let us know about it.

2. crowmadic

crowmadic Mezzo Piano User

Oct 3, 2006
    tatakata, Answer the important question, "Do you like Chinese food?"........crow

3. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    Crow,
    do you mean chinese food devised by some American importer, made for peanuts in some underpaid restaurant employing child labor, the packed still warm in a styrofoam box made from genuine US plastic scrap, packed by the container full on a slow boat to the US, then carried by truck to the local Chinese restaurant, or do you mean the food we get at a local chinese restaurant using primarily US foodstuffs, or do you mean the canned stuff from Wal-Mart.
    Except for in San Francisco, I have never had Chinese food anywhere that tasted like it did in China. Chinese Chinese food deserves the title CUISINE. the MSG ladened stuff commonly served deserves the title EDIBLE.

4. crowmadic

crowmadic Mezzo Piano User

Oct 3, 2006
    rowuk,
    Let's make this conversation more acceptable to a Trumpet Forum by imagining an Americanized Chinese meal being eaten while listening to The Tatakata Trio playing "China Town My China Town"...............crow

5. Veldkamp

Veldkamp Piano User

Mar 29, 2004
    the Netherlands
    We just recorded a big band chart with extra parts and used a Dimavery Euphonium for that. This horns costs 300,- Euros. It played well and was in tune!

6. ccNochops

ccNochops Piano User

Sep 30, 2006
    White Marsh, VA
    Well shoot, I just as well wade into this bru-ha too. In my short 51 years on this planet I have found that you get what you pay for.....pure & simple. If you are willing to accept that, then knock yourself out. I buy cheap stuff, I buy the best stuff, just depends on what I'M willing to put up with when I'm using it. I grew up in a time when Japan was breaking into the world market and the label "Made in Japan" was the slam of the day. Do I worry about "Chinese junk"? Yeah, but not because of quality...........chuck

7. Veldkamp

Veldkamp Piano User

Mar 29, 2004
    the Netherlands
    The Euphonium I was talking about is probably produced in the same building Yamaha get's his cheaper models. The only difference is the name and the price.

In Holland we can buy a Main flügelhorn. It's an exact copy of the Yammie but costs only 295,- with gigbag... I played it and and played fine.