Mahler 6 baby!

Discussion in 'Orchestra / Solo / Chamber Music' started by Tarter_trpt8, May 14, 2005.

1. Tarter_trpt8

Tarter_trpt8 Pianissimo User

Jan 17, 2005
    St. Paul, MN
    Ok Manny, I know I'm going to be saying this alot(I just hope you don't get tired of hearing it) but you are just one of the best trumpet players I have ever heard. First of all, I've never really heard Mahler 6 except the opening a few times. Last night was extremely impressive, on your part mainly. I brought the whole trumpet part and from what I heard, not a note in all 1 hour an 15 minutes of the piece was noticebly missed. You know what you didn't do well and what you did, but to me and the audience, you blew us away once again. I can't get over how beautiful you play. You inspire me more than you know and make me want to work to become one of the greats. Maybe when you retire that principle spot will be calling my name!! :D Who knows....anyways, you did an amazing job and if I wasn't checking out from school tonight, I'd come see it again. You gave me a new appreciation for music tonight. Thanks!!

Jeremy Tarter

2. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    Thanks a million, Jeremy... the band was swinging all night long. It was an exciting night and it really has become one of my top ten favorite Mahler Symphonies!;-)

ML

3. Robert1

Robert1 New Friend

Feb 8, 2005
    I was very fortunate to have heard the live web-cast of Friday night's performance of Mahler 6. I believe it was the best performance of this work I have ever heard. And perhaps the best trumpet playing I have heard (at least since hearing the Minnesota Orchestra perform Mahler 7 last November in person, which was also spectacular). Hearing this great work, by this great orchestra affected me all day Saturday and yet today. I haven't been able to stop thinking about it, and how inspiring this performance was. For me, at least, there is nothing like being there at Orchestra Hall, Mpls., but if you cannot be there, and live somewhere without Minnesota Public Radio, the live web-cast is a wonderful thing. Friday nights at:

http://minnesota.publicradio.org/radio/programs/minnesota_orchestra/

4. Manny Laureano

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    Robert!

Are you trying to get me to root for the Packers? Hmmmm...

Thanks for encouraging folks to turn us on... we appreciate it.

ML

5. Mikey

Mikey Forte User

Oct 24, 2003

And what, pray tell, is wrong with rooting for the 3-time super bowl-winning Packers?

;-)

I also heard the broadcast Manny. Great playing!

Mike

6. Manny Laureano

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    Rooting for the Vikes is so familiar to me because I'm a Mets fan. Do I have to say more? The thing that really stinks is that I wasn't even a football fan growing up. I couldn't have cared less until I moved to this community and got caught up in the hoopla. Bob Dorer could tell you very funny stories about trying to explain football rules to me. Most of it had to do with the illogic of the constant 1st down. "Wait a minute, didn't they get a first down on that last play? Why isn't this the 5th down?" Good night, what an idiot.

Ah, ya live , ya learn.

No, don't even go near hockey. I can't even figure out how people skate backwards!

ML

7. rjzeller

rjzeller Forte User

Mar 7, 2005
    Rochester, MN
    Well ... the Packers came into being long before the Vikings did, so there are a lot of folk up here who root for the Pack even if they were born and raised in MN.

Me? I'm a Vikings fan. Superbowls or no superbowls, I still cannot bring myself to root for Favre and company (after all, how can I root for a man who can't even spell his own last name???).

ML -- as for Hockey, I'm not much of a fan, either. BUT, do yourself a favor and go to a live game once; it's truly an experience! Hockey fans take their sport seriously and the atmosphere is unparalleled at teh pro levels....

8. Mikey

Mikey Forte User

Oct 24, 2003
    I don't even bother with hockey...........As for skating backwards, I can barely stay on my feet skating forwards...

(And that was before I messed up my back) In my opinion, the only good ice is what is in my current drink............

;-)