Maiden voyage with my new horns

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by gbshelbymi, Jan 23, 2013.

1. gbshelbymi

gbshelbymi Mezzo Piano User

Jan 3, 2013
    Travelers Rest, SC
    The Conn 12b and ACB Flugel got their first public workout last night, and my first public playing in 20+ years. I sat in with a combo consisting of guitar (the leader), piano, bass, alto/flute, and percussion. Only did 4-5 numbers over two sets but a couple of them were in the presence of my old teacher from way back. One of them was a number that my teacher had just recorded with the guitar player, who wrote the tune. Um..... pressure??? [​IMG] It was nice to get lots of complements, not only from my old teacher, but from several audience members as we were packing up.

Both horns held up admirably. I'm REALLY enjoying getting to know the 12b, what a fun horn to play! And the ACB is one sweet sounding horn.

Also used a new Wick adjustable cup mute that my lovely wife got me for Christmas. Nice sound there!

2. Phil986

Phil986 Forte User

Nov 16, 2009
    Near Portland, OR.
    It's always nice to hear from someone who had a fun time playing. Glad it went well, keep going :-)

Last edited: Jan 23, 2013
  3. TrumpetMD

TrumpetMD Fortissimo User

Oct 22, 2008
    Maryland
    What, no video? :-)

Glad the horns are working out.

Mike

4. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Mike and I are Evidence-based physicians. No video... no evidence. It's time to post a video or audio track. Cannot wait to hear this.

5. gbshelbymi

gbshelbymi Mezzo Piano User

Jan 3, 2013
    Travelers Rest, SC
    Well I hope to be getting audio from the sets. The guitar player had a small Sony stereo recorder and one our friends was recording the whole thing. So I should be getting a copy. After I've heard it and edited it down, I will post excerpts here, with the guitar player's permission of course.