Make room for one more

Discussion in 'TM Lounge' started by eisprl, Jan 23, 2006.

1. eisprl

eisprl Mezzo Piano User

Sep 26, 2004
    Halifax, NS CANADA
    Hey all,

All you U.S. trumpeters move on over and make room for one more. Now that Canada is run by conservatives, I may move to the US. :D

Eric

2. Solar Bell

Solar Bell Moderator Staff Member

May 11, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    Wait a minute!!!!

All of our liberals want to move to Canada. :D

-cw-

3. A.N.A. Mendez

A.N.A. Mendez Utimate User

Oct 25, 2005
    Sunny Ca.
    You may like the calm and order that insues.........stick around and check it out............

4. brian moon

brian moon Forte User

Cananda lost free speech during the liberal reign. Maybe you can get it back now.

5. Tootsall

Tootsall Fortissimo User

Oct 25, 2003
    Yee HAW!
    I fail to understand your statement, Mr. Moon; could you explain the logic behind your statement and provide some background facts to prove it?

6. brian moon

brian moon Forte User

Here's one:

http://www.lifesite.net/ldn/2005/jul/05071903.html

More later.

7. Tootsall

Tootsall Fortissimo User

Oct 25, 2003
    Yee HAW!
    Mr. Moon, you have your head so far up your fundament that you are looking at the world upside down. The pot is calling the kettle "black".

To take one small example of rules applied by a local organisation of "an area dominated by seedy homosexual clubs and bathhouses" and using it as a general example of freedom of speech (or lack thereof) in an entire nation is to both ignore the beliefs of the majority of Canadians as well as to pretend that similar, local events don't happen in the USA. And I provide this link: http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051129/LIFESTYLE04/511290380

I will also quote from a post I made back in November at: http://www.trumpetmaster.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7440&highlight=christmas in which I said: "I just read in this morning's paper about a small town in Nova Scotia. The town council voted that the "Christ" would never be removed from the holiday known as "Christmas" and that the entire month of December would be henceforth known as "The Christmas Season".

Their reasoning is that "Christmas" is a celebration of the birth of Christ and therefore no other "pretenders" need apply."

It is not ALL parts of the country, nor indeed, even significant parts of the country that have these problems: nor are the problems even isolated to one particular country.

I'll also mention that the press in Canada is notoriously CONSERVATIVE! Oh yes, it's true. The Globe and Mail? Business-oriented. The Sun media chain? Conservative to a fault. The CBC? Pi$$ed off at the Liberal government because it was under the Liberals that a lot of their (tax) funding got cut off. The media loved nothing more than to tear the previous government apart. Time will tell if they treat the "new" government more kindly. One thing is certain, free speech is alive and well in Canada even to the point of calling a shovel "a shovel".

Remember, it is not Canada that has a controversy running over domestic spying & wiretapping.