making a Bach more Bachy

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by sleight, Jun 10, 2010.

1. Fishgun

Fishgun Pianissimo User

Sep 26, 2009
    Simply brilliant! Enough said.

2. ca5tr0

ca5tr0 New Friend

Feb 28, 2010
    Florida
    TRUMPETJUMP-

I don't think it could have been the oil. I use the same oil on both horns, and only the Bach performed poorly in heavy humidity. Every horn is different and my incident proves it. 1977 was way back and your Bach maybe just happened to NOT have that defect. All I know is that I tested both horns under the same conditions and I even had some of my friends play both horns. I told them to play in the upper register on both while we were on break during rehearsal and they had trouble on the Bach due to lack of response. Then after rehearsal was over, we went inside the A/C band room and had them play both horns again. The result was that the Bach performed very well and the lack of response was not present.

Truth is some atmospheres benefit or harm the performance of some horns. I'm not saying ALL Bachs suck. I'm just saying that there are better horns out there and that American youth players need to get over the idea that the trumpet world revolves around Bach Strad.

If some one offered me 2 Bachs free, or one Schilke free, I would take the Schilke over the 2 bachs....

I'm thinking about selling my Bach and buying an Edwards trumpet.