making it as a trumpet player

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by songbook, Sep 13, 2013.

1. songbook

songbook Piano User

Apr 25, 2010
    When did you realize that you had what it takes to make it as a trumpet player? Was it a piece of music, or a particular exercise, or even a certain note you could finally hit? Maybe a teacher that gave you the confidence to pursue your dreams.

2. mchs3d

mchs3d Mezzo Forte User

Sep 30, 2005
    Provo, UT
    When I hit that double DubbaC I knew I was gonna make the big bucks. We're talking serious dough people pay to hear MY DC.

3. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    When my dad gave me the trumpet and said: Here son, play this. And I could. And then I did.

4. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Post a video... and after hearing it... Send me you bank account information, and I will direct deposit my payment into said account. At least for my first transaction... Hey, can't fault a guy for being honest... on the first try.

5. Vulgano Brother

Vulgano Brother Moderator Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    There came a point in my life that I couldn't imagine being anything else than a trumpeter. I never saw it as a "profession," and I saw it as not so much making a living as making it my life.

6. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    When I heard a neurosurgeon at an area hospital plays our first EBQ CD while performing brain surgery - NO KIDDING! I guess when choosing great trumpet playing, it's a no-brainer!

7. Sethoflagos

Sethoflagos Utimate User

Aug 7, 2013
    Lagos, Nigeria
    ....when my little tootles gained more ground than the line "ee you don't sweat much for a fat lass"