Manhasset 1320 Mute Rack

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Higgiq, Apr 23, 2016.

1. Higgiq

Higgiq New Friend

Oct 12, 2009
    Any suggestions for making the Manhassett 1320 Mute Rack more secure on the stand? Our concert band has the trumpeters changing parts for each piece and we need to move seats. The Manhassett would be perfect as it is easy to move but it ends up being too easy to move and falls off the stand when I grab the mute. Any suggestions other than wrapping the clip ends with duct tape. That is my current solution but still doesn't work great.

For reference:

http://www.amazon.com/Manhasset-1320-Trumpet-Holder-Accessory/dp/B0002F7F9W

2. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    Are you attempting to attach this mute to a Manhasset stand? If not, I perceive this mute holder may not lock properly in place.

3. gchun

gchun Piano User

Dec 10, 2003
    Are you flipping in that small piece that adjusts the opening of the clips? The closed position is perfect for the original manhasset stands.

4. Higgiq

Higgiq New Friend

Oct 12, 2009
    I am not using it on a Manhasset stand, they are Wengers. The swivel piece is above the level of the clips so while I can envision how it should be used I don't see how it can actually be used. Duct tape wrapped around the clips seems to be working fine. It was nice and secure at our concert Saturday.

Thanks

5. gchun

gchun Piano User

Dec 10, 2003
    They don't work well on Wengers. I'm glad you found a workaround.