manufacturer?

Discussion in 'Horns' started by David, Nov 15, 2003.

1. David

David New Friend

Nov 12, 2003
    Where are the Callets currently being made? I understand they were originally made by Kanstul, but have moved to a different maker after Jerry retired.

2. TheMoose

TheMoose Pianissimo User

Nov 3, 2003
    Kanstul still produces the Callet line of trumpets using the mandrels that were provided by Jerry Callet. The only thing that has changed is that Jerry is no longer involved in the bussiness of making or selling trumpets and has passed the torch to Lee Adams located in the state of Georgia USA. Lee is a great guy to deal with and has a passion for these fine one of a kind instruments. For more information on the complete Callet line of horns and a new line of trumpet mouthpieces go to Lee's new website trumpetchops.com.

3. Bruce Lee

Bruce Lee Piano User

Oct 24, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    That's correct, Mr. Moose! :D I recently visited Mr. Adams, and "hand-picked" a new Stratosphere model for one of my customers. We were really splitting some hairs, as they were all great quality!

Best always,
    Bruce

4. trumpetdude

trumpetdude New Friend

Nov 19, 2003
    LONDON
    Bruce

Would you say that the callet stratosphere is the most versatile horn you deal?

Thanks John

5. Bruce Lee

Bruce Lee Piano User

Oct 24, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Hi, John!

Good question! I am fortunate enough to be able to offer THREE very special lines of trumpets, all of which I believe in. Because one or another works for me, doesn't mean that it will work for everyone. We are all individuals, each of us with different likes, dislikes, and musical needs.

One gentleman that visited me, this summer, made the comment, "There isn't a bad horn in the bunch!". I think that speaks volumes about the quality of the product lines which I represent.

Is that Callet Stratosphere a versatile trumpet? If it's a great match for you... ABSOLUTELY!

Best always,
    Bruce