Marc Ridenours's tweeqers

Discussion in 'Trumpet Repair and Modification' started by RG111, May 22, 2007.

1. RG111

RG111 Piano User

Nov 12, 2003
    I'm going to bill Vulgano for the truss I needed to order after reading his cork story!:D
    Rogerio, who did you study with here in the area?

Roy

2. ROGERIO

ROGERIO Mezzo Forte User

Sep 30, 2004
    PHOENIX, AZ
    Roy, Col Gil Mitchell in High School. Then off and on between the NSO gents (Flowers, Sanchez and Dewitt) when I was home from school. This dates me quite a bit...

3. Siegtrmpt

Siegtrmpt Mezzo Piano User

Nov 21, 2005
    Virginia
  4. ROGERIO

ROGERIO Mezzo Forte User

Sep 30, 2004
    PHOENIX, AZ
    Bill,

I'll let you take Jenn and I there next time we visit!

Have a great holiday weekend all !! Be safe. Old WGMS tells me traffic is good now that everyone has left town.

Rogerio

5. MJ

MJ Administrator Staff Member

Jan 30, 2006
    Naptown
    Where are you guys having the best results with these tweeqers?

6. RG111

RG111 Piano User

Nov 12, 2003
    I put mine on 1st and 3rd valve slides and on the main tuning slide bend. Somewhere I read a description of where to use them. Perhaps it was on Mark's site.
    I played a job Sunday with an old friend who was very familiar with my C. They couldn't believe the difference it made. I just said try this without telling them what I had done to the horn.
    Roy

7. c.nelson

c.nelson Pianissimo User

Apr 13, 2007
    Alberton, Montana USA
    Adoro historias de mutilación de trompeta de Vulgano.

8. Brekelefuw

Brekelefuw Fortissimo User

Mar 21, 2006
    Toronto
    I love the trumpet they use to show you where to put the tweeqers.

9. jcstites

jcstites Mezzo Forte User

Jun 1, 2005
    Tallahassee, FL
    I use all 5 on my yamaha chicago. I have one big one, and 4 small ones. The big one is on the bend going into the 3rd valve from the tuning slide. One on the top bend of the tuning slide. One one each of the tubes between the valves. Then I use one on the tube on the leadpipe. The one that is just there so the brace can be in the proper place on malone's pipes.

I love them. I had to bend the one on the leadpipe tube open a little to fit, but besides the big one, it makes the most difference for me.

10. RG111

RG111 Piano User

Nov 12, 2003
    I ordered a second set yesterday for my Bb, but , after reading jcstites post, I may do some experimenting on my C trumpet! I only have three on it. I think Mark has more on his horn, but can't recall where I read that.

Roy Griffin