Marc Ridenours's tweeqers

Discussion in 'Trumpet Repair and Modification' started by RG111, May 22, 2007.

1. martromba

martromba New Friend

Sep 2, 2006
    Chicago
    Crow

I am sorry about the FAQ page of the website. I have been so busy with getting TweeQers manufactured and doing the final prep work on them before sending them out and ....my job...

The TweeQers are made of sterling silver. They fit around the tubing so that the natural spring action in the metal keeps them attached to your tubing. The pictures on the website are not as detailed as I would have liked. It is very difficult to photograph an object that does not have color. It reflects color but does not have the contrast to correctly show its shape.

Thanks for all the questions. It is helping me put together a list of Q&A to put on the website.

For all of the converts to TweeQers, make sure that when you recommend TweeQers to colleagues or friends or students that you have them mention to me that they were recommended by you. I am in the process of putting together a rewards program so that I will reward those who encourage others to buy TWeeQers with some free TweeQers.

Mark

2. martromba

martromba New Friend

Sep 2, 2006
    Chicago
    tatakata

The first place I try TweeQers is on the ports between the valve casings on the left hand side. Then I try the two elbow TweeQers on the 45* elbows from tuning slide and first slide. Then I try them on the tuning slide opposite the spit valve.

I look for bends in the tubing where a little extra weight might help.

On the Schilke P5-4 like pic, I have port TweeQers on the first 2 ports(1-2 valve, 2-3 valve), two port TweeQers on the bend of the leadpipe and elbows on the elbow into the 4 valve casing from the leadpipe and the 1st valve casing to the bell. Schilke did put some extra weight on the elbows but I have found that it could use some more. This setup makes my pic sound more like a bigger horn and less like pic. The sound is darker and less strident and edgy, and the resistance is less. One of my students tried this setup and instantly offered to buy my horn.

Since everyone likes different horn characteristics, you can not get away from the trial and error of finding the best places for you to put the TweeQers.

Mark

3. Brian H. Smout

Brian H. Smout Piano User

Hi,

Interesting story about the Bud Herseth "patched" trumpet. I recall a picture of Herb Alpert holding his Benge trumpet on the back of an album cover, maybe, "Fandango" and I was shocked to see large "patches" on the bell crook and other areas of his horn that would not be subjected to hand contact wear. I couldn't figure out why he would bother playing such a beater horn with "patches" all over it. Herb may have been ahead of the curve in more than one way!

Cheers,

Brian

4. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    The Tijuana Benge probably looked like a Tijuana Taxi at one time..........

5. ROGERIO

ROGERIO Mezzo Forte User

Sep 30, 2004
    PHOENIX, AZ
    Gosh Robin, now you put that image in my head of beautiful women and whipped cream (or shaving lotion)... LOL

No work is getting done for a while.

6. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    Great cover, eh?

7. martromba

martromba New Friend

Sep 2, 2006
    Chicago
    Has everyone taken the summer off? I haven't heard from anyone recently.

Get your TweeQers now before the season starts again in September. I was in Calgary earlier this month and met with Howard Engstrom and Linda Brown. Even in the Calgary Flames dressing room at the SaddleDome, they made a positive difference.

Order yours today!

tweeqerzone.biz

8. RG111

RG111 Piano User

Nov 12, 2003
    Mark,
    The problem is that its summer! I don't get any church jobs in the summer, and my studio is decimated by vacations!
    My Bb and C are outfitted, so I still have to try them on my two piccs, my Eb, and my F/G! So, you'll be betting my next order in September!
    I still have to show them to some local pros who were my students years ago. My current crop of students can all hear a difference in my sound, but, being teens, they are probably saving up for them.
    Take care, and thanks for developing tweeqers!
    Roy Griffin

9. TopGun

TopGun Pianissimo User

Oct 28, 2003
    Is there any way to just order the big one for the port going into the third valve?

10. martromba

martromba New Friend

Sep 2, 2006
    Chicago
    The reason I have made these "sets" is because of the experimentation that I have done. When I looked at the research, I found that the majority a players who tried the TweeQers seemed to gravitate to the set of 3 or the set of 6 on their instruments. This is not to say that some players may only prefer 1 TweeQer on their instrument. It is also more economical for me to sell in sets as opposed to individually.

Mark