Marc Ridenours's tweeqers

Discussion in 'Trumpet Repair and Modification' started by RG111, May 22, 2007.

1. Jhorn229h

Jhorn229h Pianissimo User

Feb 17, 2006
    Is there ever going to be a price break on these? $85 is pretty steep.

Peace,

J

2. martromba

martromba New Friend

Sep 2, 2006
    Chicago
    J

I have had my business advisors tell me that they are underpriced as well as overpriced. I believe if you talk to anyone who has TweeQers, they will tell you that in order to experience the kind of change in the sound and feel of the instrument that TweeQers create, it would cost a whole lot more. From that perspective, TweeQers are a bargain.

Mark

Ask Roy if they are as valuable musically as the cost.

3. martromba

martromba New Friend

Sep 2, 2006
    Chicago
    J

I forgot to mention that when I am traveling and meet with trumpet players around the world, I do only charge $20 each. If you can arrange a demostration for me where you are located with some other players, I will make arrangements to meet with you. Then TweeQers are only $20.
    Mark

4. WAKeele

WAKeele Pianissimo User

Sep 30, 2004
    The Wild West
    I've got a hand full of these guys and let me tell you, THEY ARE WELL WORTH IT!

I think the TweeQers Pro Set (6 piece) would be anyone's best bet for maximizing combinations for a first time buy. This is pretty much what I have. I would like to have some more so I can leave my C set up and have a few for my other horns I don't play as much. They are easy to transfer, but I'd like to have more for experimentation and for quick changes to other horns.

As for cost, just consider the alternatives to TweeQers (which I don't reasonably see there are!). One would have to have custom built "patches" made of similar material soldiered to the EACH horn. Then comes how do to test your horn efficiently and effectively for the placement of these patches! It's a long, messy endevour if you have the skills to do this yourself and a pricey one of you have an experienced repair person do this. Also, then there's what this does to the finish of your horn--you'd need to replate or relacquer (unless you just don't care how your horn looks...I'm kinda in that category). Then what if you end up selling your horn/horns one day--this might scare away any prospects from NON-believers or those that don't know of these great tools.

This is also the same principle that the outstanding German horn makers, Thein, use when custom building one of their horns. They have also found out what Mark has brought to out attention and build each horn accordingly--of course, you're going to pay about $5,000 for one of these horns when all said and done! SOOO...

In the end, I believe Mr. Ridenour's TweeQers are the cheapest, most reasonable way to improve a horn without get really crazy with a custom horn maker!
    TweeQers Webstore

--Adam

P.S. Mark, make sure to bring some TweeQers to Cincinnati next week--I need a few more!
    P.P.S Mark Ridenour will be recording Pictures with the CinSO next week (17-19Jan08), so if you're like me and needing a good dose of The Ride playing Principal, come on out!

Last edited: Jan 9, 2008
  5. minus1

minus1 New Friend

Mar 12, 2009
    Albany, Ga
    I just got my first shipment of tweeqers two weeks ago and can not say enough about how they have immediately made an immense improvement on my Yamaha C Mark II trumpet. A friend of mine who is also a www.trumpetmaster.com member (JCSTITES), had some on his horn last year when we met and I had to ask what those things on his horn where. He had them on his Yamaha C "Chicago" trumpet and when I tried his horn it was an amazing leap up from what I was playing. Now the trumpet alone was a much better piece of metal, but after taking the tweeqers off I noticed a significant difference. I then put 3 of them on my Mark II exactly where they were on his "Chicago" C and it was shocking!! I didn't want to give them back! In that orchestra the principal player plays a custom Edwards trumpet, my buddie plays his "Chicago" C, and then I have my stock Mark II. I have always been a huge believer in "mind over metal", but when you are in a section where both musicians are stronger classical players on superior axes every little bit helps when it comes to making your sound fit and add to the section.

Tweeqers are not a substitute for practice, but if used properly they are worth every cent when you do a comparison of how much it would cost to change a leadpipe, or bore your current one out, add patches of weight in certain areas on the horn, or any number of amazing things that master repair technicians can do these days with all of the information and technology available. What if you don't like the change after it is done? Most of the time you have to pay to get the horn back to square one, that's if you can depending on the customization that you have had done. The great thing about the tweeqers is they are a snap to put on and take off. The placement on one horn compared to another is not always the same, and it is fun to experiment with. It allows you to really dial in on the way your horn responds and feels. It's also fun to get another player or two and get their impression on what they think the pro's and con's are with them on the horn or in specific placements. I would be very interested in hearing where people are putting tweeqers on their stock Bach Strad 37. My C trumpet is just is a different horn after finding the "Sweet Spots" for the tweeqers. I wish I could be true to myself and say the same thing for my Bach Strad 37, but I have not been able to dial that horn in just yet. I know it's been a while since anyone has posted on this thread, but I just wanted to pass along this experience. I must be honest, being born and raised in Chicago and having seen Bud's endorsement was enough if I didn't have the opportunity to try them prior to purchase! I can say that I honestly feel it was a very worth while investment, and that if you buy the $80-$85 (2 port 1 elbow) it would not be very hard to get near a 100% return on your investment if you were to put them up for sale here or on ebay for a few bucks off. Chances are you'll want more not less!! Thanks Jon for letting me try them and thanks Mark for doing the research and making them available to all of us!!