Marching band camp starts this week....

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Jurandr, Aug 2, 2009.

1. Jurandr

Jurandr Pianissimo User

Feb 23, 2008
    Illinois
    Well thank you all for your words of wisdom. We're on dinner break right now but I'd say everyone 'broken in' fairly well and we have the potential for a great year ahead of us.
    Today we started off with just breathing, and then moved into long tones and eventually our intro, which thankfully is very slow.

And Vulgano: If you could see the flute section. *whistles*

2. glorybe

glorybe Piano User

Jul 29, 2009
    I enjoyed marching band in high school. We had very long bus trips to support the football team and it was a fringe benefit to neck with girls all the way to and all the way back from the games. We played well as far as music went but it was a social and dating extravaganza. Some band people married and remain so to this day. That was almost 50 years ago.

3. oldlou

oldlou Forte User

Aug 28, 2005
    Grand Rapids, Mi.

Ahh. Sweet memories of days long gone.

OLDLOU>>

4. ltg_trumpet

ltg_trumpet Mezzo Piano User

Jan 21, 2009
    haha... i love marching... i hate marching... whatever, this is day three of my band camp... finished the opener... so exciting... im a section leader, and this best way to get stuff done is by leading by example... thats it, just take initiative... have fun bro... we'll see if i we can make it through the rest of a week

5. operagost

operagost Forte User

Jan 25, 2009
    Spring City, PA, USA
    Some things never change!