Marching Band

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by trotter14, Jul 11, 2008.

1. trotter14

trotter14 New Friend

Jun 22, 2008
    I recently got invited to join marching band. I accepted. I was wondering if I would be able to enjoy it.Also I am going into the seventh grade.Am I too young? I play second trumpet.

2. Vulgano Brother

Vulgano Brother Moderator Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    I suspect most of us here at TM have been in a Marching Band at least at the High
    School level, if not at University. It is a great place to experience esprit de corps and meet girls, if not the best thing for our musicianship.

The girls are worth it, unless you are a girl yourself. In that case, the guys are worth it.

3. bagmangood

bagmangood Forte User

It is my distinct and highly educated opinion that girls have cooties,

But seriously, the matter is not age so much as playing maturity, are you up for the playing that you'll have to do is the only real question I think
    Have fun!

4. Vulgano Brother

Vulgano Brother Moderator Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    Duh! So? How else can we get cooties? :-)

5. stchasking

stchasking Forte User

Jun 11, 2006
    Don't expect woodwind girls to give you the time of day. They will think you play too loud.

Always chase trumpet and French horn girls first with the other brasses following.
    Oboe players may look hot but they are arrogant more than trumpet players. Stay away.

I am sorry you are playing in a marching band. The only value it has is learning to march so you don't get yelled at if you join a military service.