Marching Season!

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Mark_Kindy, Jul 3, 2013.

1. Bwanabass

Bwanabass Mezzo Piano User

Jan 20, 2013
    Syracuse, NY
    Two words: pine cones!

2. Martin Williams

Martin Williams Mezzo Piano User

Apr 29, 2005
    Columbus, Oh-hi-uh
    I love the marching arts, between high school, college and drum corps its been a blast. You hear the best teaching analogies on the field too. Once had a director tell us that the section we were playing needed to sound like we were seducing a beautiful woman... but right now it sounds like she is tied up in your trunk.

As the ensemble director myself, it was "Baritones you need to tighten up those attacks. Right now they are wetter than a cucumber in a women's prison"

3. Martin Williams

Martin Williams Mezzo Piano User

Apr 29, 2005
    Columbus, Oh-hi-uh
    I first marched with my Getzen Capri, then with a Yamaha Xeno for a bit, and now with my Kanstul 103 Collesium

4. Vulgano Brother

Vulgano Brother Moderator Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    I spent a happy weekend with the Drum Major's girlfriend. My life was threatened.

5. Mark_Kindy

Mark_Kindy Mezzo Forte User

Jul 11, 2010
    Gainesville, FL
    Threatened? Wow...

And I like that Martin -- "Marching Arts"

It seems like it's gonna be a hot season here in Florida...up in the 90s already -.-

6. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Duh, like, you live in Florida! Have you checked its location on the world map?

7. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    C'mon GM, cut young Mark some slack --- you know he started out as a confused Music Ed. undergrad (and I am pretty sure he switched majors -- the nuclear physics, or maybe even Pre-Med by now) --- I am certain geography is NOT in his major!!! Perhaps with the Physics mindset, young Mark envisioned that Florida being a Peninsula and surrounded by water on 3 sides would certainly have a natural cooling effect from breezes off of the ocean!!! ROFL ROFL ROFL

ps. NOT TO WORRY, Young Mark -- I finished parade season in my community band, and even here in Upstate New York -- the last parade was in 93 degrees, and I am certain 100% humidity (of course with the "dew point factored in " -- we had a heat index alert that day. NOW me, I am old, fat, and tired -- and I made the parade route (1 mile plus) both ways ((car to start of parade, end of parade back to car)) --and I am NOT AS YOUNG AS YOU ----- you will do fine!!! as I often say to young "whippersnappers like you" ---- Hey, your young you will adjust ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL