Marcus Bonna Cases

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Juarez-MA, Apr 28, 2013.

1. Juarez-MA

Juarez-MA Pianissimo User

Mar 14, 2012
    Is that a flugelhorn in there?
    Okay...I suppose I can fit a rotary instrument in there then.

2. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Yes, the Flugelhorn is in the mid section. But if the rotary bell is not as large as the flugelhorn, than you can get away with the Coyote that has the standard lid (not the snarl with the bulge in the lid to accommodate the larger tubing configuration of the flugelhorn.

3. Lawler Bb

Lawler Bb Piano User

Oct 25, 2003
    Milwaukee, WI
    The OP is talking about a rotary piccolo trumpet, not a rotary Bb or C. The picc bell isn't the problem, it's the valve section that's very bulky. I don't think it would fit in the piccolo slot shown in your picture because the Scherzer piccolos are rather "thick" or "deep". I used to have a Scherzer and I transported it in a Cronkhite triple bag or an old Wolfpak quad case. It would also fit in my current Marcus Bonna triple with no problem, and would still leave room for two full size piston trumpets.

4. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Ahh... good point. You know that mid section is adaptable with the bracing material that comes with the case, that if the center horn does not have the bulk of the flugel, that might make up for the room of the rotary picc. If I were the OP, I would email or call Steve at Torpedo and ask. He will have the answer to any combination requirements of the Coyote case.

5. Juarez-MA

Juarez-MA Pianissimo User

Mar 14, 2012
    Thanks for your input! My original question was whether or not a Scherzer rotary picc would fit in a MB triple case.
    Is your MB case a normal triple or is it compact?

6. Lawler Bb

Lawler Bb Piano User

Oct 25, 2003
    Milwaukee, WI
    I have the normal triple. It can hold 3 Bb piston trumpets or a trumpet and flugelhorn. I normally have mine in the 3 trumpet configuration. In that configuration two of the slots are contoured to fit the profile/shape of the bell and valve section of a Bb or C trumpet. The third slot is rectangular and a little wider. It's more of a utility slot and the case comes with several movable pads to customize that space to your needs.