WTB: Martin Band Instruments & Materials

Discussion in 'Bb Trumpets' started by Zman, Oct 8, 2015.

1. Zman

Zman Pianissimo User

Dec 24, 2008
    Vancouver, Canada
    Hello,
    I am looking to purchase various examples of Martin trumpets, cornets, flugels etc.
    Will look at instruments from 1930's - 1960's.
    Condition - I don't mind the condition to be honest - I will even buy your beaten up horns if I feel they can be revived.

Specific Models I am looking to find in any condition:
    - Martin Handcraft Imperial '38' - It will have 38 in the Bell
    - Martin Handcraft Imperial Large Bore (any bell)
    - Martin Deluxe Committee Flugel
    - Martin Imperial Flugel
    - Martin Bb Piccolo Trumpet (was made various years and might have custom on the receiver or not)
    - Martin F trumpet (apparently they made a trumpet in F? - never seen one, but it was on the list for many years)
    - Martin Custom Committee
    - Martin Magna Trumpet
    - Martin Handcraft Committee Trumpets/Cornets

This is quite the list - and I am sure I won't find them all, or be able to purchase all of them, but I am resourceful and have tons of trades available.
    Please PM me with any potential horns you have for sale.
    Got some spare parts lying around? - I will be interested in those also.

Also, I am looking for any old Martin Handcraft/Committee/Imperial marketing materials - specifically Brochures, prices lists or cleaning instructions, swing tags etc - I will also buy those.
    Occasionally I see old factory signs and items floating around also - I would be interested in those items also.

2. Clarkvinmazz

Clarkvinmazz Forte User

May 11, 2013
    Oberlin, Ohio
  3. Zman

Zman Pianissimo User

Dec 24, 2008
    Vancouver, Canada
    Thanks for the link. I am pretty sure that has been re-lacquered. It has had all the small posts removed from the bottom of the tuning slide also. Case is original. Looks like it would make a great player. Too pretty for me.