Martin Committee coronet questions?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by william bua, Apr 6, 2008.

1. william bua

william bua New Friend

Apr 6, 2008
    Hello All,
    Here's the update from the tech. He said that the lacquer is original and rated the coverage at 85-90 percent. He found $35.00 worth of work to be done. One brace foot needs a re-solder and there is a very small flat spot on one of the tubes. The flatspot is located on the bell section just before it starts to loop its first bend. The valves are spotless. The case is original, ugly, but solid. There is another bonus. The mouthpiece is a New York Vincent Bach 7C. From what my tech said, its a very good mouthpiece. Its been pulled once, but not hammered, though you can tell its been pulled by a puller once. I get the horn back from the shop on April 18th. I am looking to trade for a tenor or soprano saxophone. I know this horn is worth some money, so don't offer me a student saxophone. I am looking for bueschers, buffets, yanagisawas and selmers. I don't expect a perfect player. I expect the horn to need work. If any of you have a tenor lying around, pm me. If I don't get trade offers, I will be listing on our classified section on 4/19. Cheers,

2. PatMurphy

PatMurphy Pianissimo User

Aug 9, 2009
    Cherry Hill NJ
    I just purchased a Martin committe cornet in SUPER condition
    GREAT Player. I am lovin' it!
    Where can I get information as to age etc. with the serial number

3. PatMurphy

Aug 9, 2009
    Cherry Hill NJ
    I too like playing lush ballads with singers.
    Most of the time I use a flugel for this
    I just tried the Committee this past week in a great room and found it to be a very broad sound in he lower register. Very well in tune. A good match for my style since I can really bend notes and have a lot of dynamic range
    WAAAY nicer than the King super I traded in.
    I compared it to a King silver sonic which could have been my second choice
    However I tried a B&S Chalenger shephards crook and it was a very smooth sound
    Much nicer than my Olds shephards crook. Maybe what you are looking for?

4. ComeBackKid

ComeBackKid Fortissimo User

May 11, 2009
    Yorba Linda, CA
    Since this thread is a year and a half old and the OP had only 3 posts, I would guess that he sold his cornet and went back to the sax forum.

5. PatMurphy

Aug 9, 2009
    Cherry Hill NJ
    Thank you
    I am just trying to find the age but the serial numbers do not fall into any serial log I have seen

6. ComeBackKid

ComeBackKid Fortissimo User

May 11, 2009
    Yorba Linda, CA
    Have you tried Horn-u-copia.com?

7. PatMurphy

Aug 9, 2009
    Cherry Hill NJ
    I did at your suggestion

It appears that since my serial number is 707251 it was in the last year 1964.
    Thank you for the help