Maryland Trumpet Day 2007

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by miles71, Sep 30, 2007.

1. miles71

miles71 Mezzo Piano User

Nov 8, 2004
    Maryland
    Its that time again, the air is starting to chill, the sun is setting a little sooner, and yes...................Trumpet Day!!!!!!!!!

I am excited about this years event, so much I have launched a new personal website that contains information on the MTD. Check it out at Home and just hit the Maryland Trumpet Day button on the top.

Let me know what you think and I hope to see many of you there!!

Tony Domenico

2. miles71

miles71 Mezzo Piano User

Nov 8, 2004
    Maryland
    Here are some more details about the Maryland Trumpet Day 2007

Dec 9, 2007 on the campus of Bel Air High School in Bel Air Maryland. Masterclasses and exhibits fro 9am-5pm. Concert at 7:30pm.

Artists Scheduled to Appear:
    Tony Kadleck
    Ray Vega
    Jon Blount
    Steve Hendrickson, Tom Couples, and Kieth Jones of The National Symphony Orchestra Trumpet section
    Dr. Scott Nelson and Karl Rowe with the Shenendoah University Faculty Brass Quintet
    and The Alan Baylock Jazz Orchestra in an evening concert with Tony Kadleck

Vendors scheduled to Appear:
    New York Trumpet Company - Felix Vasyer
    Stus Music Shop
    "A" Minor tune up
    Music and Arts
    Colin Music
    AK Brass Press
    (Still confirming a few more)

I am able to do this show without charging any admission!! Thanks to the generousity and kindness of the area organizations and vendors supporting artists. We will be taking donations at the event to help support this and future MTD's.

I will be sending out emails to all of you who signed our contact sheets last year, but I would like to have an idea of who from this forum is planning on attending. Might be nice to set up a time to meet.

I hope to see many of you at the event, it promises to be a great day.
    Tony Domenico

3. miles71

miles71 Mezzo Piano User

Nov 8, 2004
    Maryland
    Check out Tony Domenico, Jr. - Trumpet/Conductor/Educator and follow the Maryland Trumpet Day link. It has been updated with some pics of the guest artists. We are also working on a raffle for a new custom trumpet, I hope to have the details posted soon.

Hope to see many of you at the event!!

TD

4. miles71

miles71 Mezzo Piano User

Nov 8, 2004
    Maryland
    We are getting to only about a month away, I know I am getting excited. Make sure you check out the details on www.domenicomusic.com

At this point we should have quite an array of instruments from NYTC, Yamaha, Selmer, Schilke, and others in different keys and configurations. Be ready to try Piccs, Eb's. C's, Bb's, flugel's, and maybe even a slide trumpet!!
    We will also have a variety of mouthpieces from GR, Monette, and others (I was emiled by a gentlemen who will have some of the new Wedge mouthpieces on site with him.
    Dont forgt the other toys, Cases, stands, accesories. I am hoping to make this the "one stop shop" for our trumpet playing needs. Time to start that holiday shopping!
    Last but definatley not least dont forget the raffle to win a Stage 1 Custom trumpet!! Now thats nice!!

I hope ou are all getting excited, I cant wait to see and meet all of you on Dec 9th.
    Tony Domenico