Maryland Trumpet Day 2009

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by miles71, Apr 20, 2009.

1. miles71

miles71 Mezzo Piano User

Nov 8, 2004
    Maryland
    The Maryland Trumpet Day 2009 will be held on October 17, 2009. Go to www.domenicomusic.com to get more information.

Some big things in the works, hope to see you all there.
    TD

2. Nerf

Nerf Piano User

Dec 7, 2008
    Virginia Beach, VA
    I can't wait to find out more details!! Please keep up posted!

3. ComeFlyWithMe

ComeFlyWithMe New Friend

Apr 20, 2009
    Salisbury, MD
    This sounds like great fun! I hope to have something to contribute at some point, just joined and still getting my feet wet.
    Haven't played in years, but recently separated, so I'm trying to get back to "my roots" and do things I haven't been able to do for years.

4. miles71

miles71 Mezzo Piano User

Nov 8, 2004
    Maryland
    Check out the site, some major info.

We will have a NYTC trumpet to raffle again in 09

Wayne Bergeron will be one of our guest artists.

More to come.

TD

5. Nerf

Nerf Piano User

Dec 7, 2008
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Awesome!! It's shaping up to be a GREAT year!!

6. miles71

miles71 Mezzo Piano User

Nov 8, 2004
    Maryland
    Just updated the site with some new news on guest artists and we will be having a trumpet raffle again this year for a Stage 1S Bb.

Check it out and let me know what you think.
    TD

7. miles71

miles71 Mezzo Piano User

Nov 8, 2004
    Maryland
    Well, I am even further into the 21st century. Maryland Trumpet Day is now on facebook.

You can still check the website for updates.

TD

8. miles71

miles71 Mezzo Piano User

Nov 8, 2004
    Maryland
    Just got done updating the website with some new information. We have two hotels in the area giving special rates to attendees and our artists have changed a little bit. Still some big guys including Wayne Bergeron, the Army Blues Jazz Ensemble, and much more.

I would recommend both hotels, but the Wyngate is a newer building and a little easier to get to. Just make sure you follow the directions on the site to get the special rate.

Hope to see many of you on Oct 17th.

TD

9. NYTC

NYTC Forte User

Nov 1, 2004
    Brooklyn,NY
    I'll be there

10. ComeBackKid

ComeBackKid Fortissimo User

May 11, 2009
    Yorba Linda, CA
    Wow, too bad I'm 3000 miles away. Is this an independent activity or part of a national program? How can I find out if there is such a thing on the west coast? As a comeback player, I am finding out that there are a lot of things I need to learn about. If this is an independent show, is there a source of ideas that I can find about how to promote something similar on the west coast? Is this type of thing sponsored by the major manufacturers, by local music stores, or just by a lot of independent players? It does not seem like there are very many west coast members of this forum so how would I put the word out if I decided to promote such an event?