Maryland Trumpet Fest #2

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by miles71, Aug 20, 2006.

1. miles71

miles71 Mezzo Piano User

Nov 8, 2004
    Maryland
    Calling all the TM members in Maryland and close by. I think it would be a shame if our trumpet fest was allowed to be a one time deal. Therefore I am willing to get the ball rolling again if the interest is out there. I and my wife have purchased a house and I would be willing to host things this time. I have also kicked around the idea of having a "trumpet day" at my school for the students of the county and adult players. This could include some master classes and clinics, or even a jam session.

I guess the questions is "Whataya think?" I am located near Bel Air Maryland, about 30 minutes North/East of Baltimore on I-95. I am thinking November/December so we can get out of marching band season and have as many kids involved as possible. Also, maybe get some parents to buy their kids some nice horns for Christmas. (should I call Santa?)

Thanks in advance for the help and time.

2. BobList

BobList New Friend

Nov 10, 2003
    Baltimore, Md.
    I'm working in Belair now at American Kia in Fallston......and living in Perry Hall...real close...lemme know more about this..I can get some guys together that have products to offer, and maybe a masterclass or two..
    Bob List

3. TrentAustin

TrentAustin Fortissimo User

Oct 28, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I could find someone with some Eclipse trumpets and more to come down probably ;)

If it were me I'd also try to avoid December for inclement weather and holiday preparations.

Best,

T

Last edited: Aug 20, 2006
  4. gtromble

gtromble Pianissimo User

Dec 31, 2005
    Sounds like a great idea to me.

Galen Tromble
    Silver Spring, MD

5. miles71

miles71 Mezzo Piano User

Nov 8, 2004
    Maryland
    OK, the first step is the place. I can get my school on a select few dates. Nov. 5th or 12th (yes sundays) or Dec 16 (Sat).

I will be contacting some dealers and building this event from that side first. Once I confirm a few of them I will be asking for performers and/or master class participants. If you want to be involved you will have to send me a resume or some sort of credentials. (I am sure some of the middle school kids on here have some good things to say, but I dont think they are ready to present a master class).

Things are starting to move forward. Thanks.

6. TrentAustin

TrentAustin Fortissimo User

Oct 28, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I'm up for anything. Let me know if you're interested in having me come down.

Best,

T

7. miles71

miles71 Mezzo Piano User

Nov 8, 2004
    Maryland
    Trent, it would be great if you where available. I dont own an Eclipse (which causes me nightmares) but would like to get you as an artists and rep.

Drop me an email at [email protected]

8. miles71

miles71 Mezzo Piano User

Nov 8, 2004
    Maryland
    Things continue to progress. It is looking like Nov. 5th is going to be the best date. I am waiting on a University Faculty Brass Quintet to reply and will know for sure. I will be setting the date in stone this week.

I hate to tease (ha) but I think the people I have so far will have some neat things to play and say.

Mark the calander and I will get back to you guys soon.

9. hornblatt

hornblatt Pianissimo User

Jul 30, 2005
    DC area
    I'm all in for another Maryland trumpetfest!! I had a great time at the last one. And this time it seems that I won't be the only kid there.....

10. miles71

miles71 Mezzo Piano User

Nov 8, 2004
    Maryland
    The Maryland Trumpet Day will take place on Nov. 5th at Bel Air High School in Bel Air Maryland. If you want to mapquest the address is
    100 Hieghe Street
    Bel Air Maryland 21015

Time TBA but it will be approx. 11am-4pm.
    Confirmed guests so far:
    New York Turmpet Company -Felix
    Stu's Music Shop-Larry

Masterclasses:
    Mr. John Blout - Former Lead with the US Navy Commodores and freelance pro. "Practice routines for keeping in shape"

Awaiting confirmation for the Shenandoah University Faculty Brass Quintet with Dr Scott Nelson, Professor of Trumpet and Mr. Karl Rowe, former principal trumpet with the USMC President's Own.

More info to come, I hope to see many of you there.