Maryland Trumpet Fest #2

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by miles71, Aug 20, 2006.

1. NYTC

NYTC Forte User

Nov 1, 2004
    Brooklyn,NY
    It is still on,and will be a lot of fun.
    Many different things going on.

2. gtromble

gtromble Pianissimo User

Dec 31, 2005
    Thanks Felix -- 11 am is still the start time?

GT

3. NYTC

NYTC Forte User

Nov 1, 2004
    Brooklyn,NY
    Yes,11 Am is the start time.
    Tony and I will be there a little before 11.
    If you want to help,you are more then welcome to.LOL

4. gtromble

gtromble Pianissimo User

Dec 31, 2005
    MTF2 was a fun event. Thanks to Tony for putting it on. Thanks to Felix for bringing a bunch of great horns down. Hard to pick a favorite.

I understand the date is already picked for 2007, and plans are for an even bigger bash.

Galen

5. trjeam

trjeam Pianissimo User

Dec 5, 2003
    Maryland
    yeah the trumpetfest came out alright. i didn't get to check out any of the masterclasses because i had a gig earlier but from what i got to see it was pretty cool.

I specially like those Stage 1 horns!

6. miles71

miles71 Mezzo Piano User

Nov 8, 2004
    Maryland
    Maryland Trumpet Day 2006 – Review

This past Sunday November 5, 2006, the first Maryland Trumpet Day was held at Bel Air High School in Bel Air Maryland. I am extremely happy on how the event went and the exhibitors and clinicians where superb.
    Larry Meyers with Stu’s music brought many of the Schilke and Yamaha Trumpets as well as some accessories and cases. Larry is one of the nicest guys you will ever meet in music or elsewhere. I have done business with him for many years and would recommend anyone call him for an instrument or repair. Larry had two of the new 8335LA models from Yamaha and an array of Monette mouthpieces.
    Felix Vayser with the New York Trumpet Company was one of the stars of the show. He brought his Stage 1 line of trumpets and was the busiest table at the show. I am glad I was able to see more of his trumpets and talk with him at length. He is also a great guy and has some incredible stuff being built. I look to see him becoming the next “big guy†in the custom trumpet market. (I know I may be going custom soon). If you ever get a chance to play his horns do so. He had two new flugels, a new C trumpet, and several configurations of the Stage 1 New Yorks and Californias on hand.
    Andrew with AK Brass Press brought a table of sheet music and books for the event. His business started about 4 months ago and I am glad I could help him get some exposure. He has some nice music published and should be thought of when looking for Brass Music.
    Lyla from Music and Arts brought a table of accessories and books. Even though they are a “chain store†the guys in my area try to help out as much as they can.
    Luis Engelke, Scott Nelson, and John Blount all did master classes which where very well received. All of these gentlemen where informative, knowledgeable, and entertaining. I hope to have them back next year in some capacity.
    The Towson University Trumpet Ensemble did a great job in the closing concert locate din the exhibit room. Much thanks to them for putting that together so quickly.

Overall, I have to thank all of you who supported this event. We are all fortunate to be involved with person so generous and helpful. I am thankful I am in music as a career. I am already planning next years event for December 9, 2007 and I hope to see you and at least 4 of your friends there. Thank you.

Tony