May 13 concert

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Billy B, Apr 28, 2006.

1. Billy B

Billy B Pianissimo User

Nov 5, 2004
    Des Moines, IA
    Manny,

I will be in Minneapolis the weekend of May 12-13 with my wife to celebrate her birthday. We have tickets to the May 13 concert. Any suggestions for an after concert dinner?

2. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    If you like French food theer's a place directly across the street called Vincent's which is pricey but good. Next to that is an Aussie owned place called Brit's that is typically noisy but fun and lots of beer choices and typical pub food. Down the block is an Irish tavern and down from that is Zelo's which is Italian-modern stuff. The Dakota Bar and Grill is a jazz club and Chuck Lazarus will be playing that night after the MO concert. that's where i'll be. There will be a "surprise" sit-in by Osmo on clarinet so, i'd say that's going to be the happening place to be.

ML

3. Jimi Michiel

Jimi Michiel Forte User

Mar 22, 2005
    Boston
    Thanks ruining the surprise, jeez... :dontknow:

Billy-

Brit's is great for a pre-concert meal, but I've gone a bunch of times after MO concerts and by that point in the evening it's way too loud and it takes forever to get a waiter. If you do go, the fish and chips are great!

-Jimi

4. Billy B

Billy B Pianissimo User

Nov 5, 2004
    Des Moines, IA
    Thanks guys. It will likely be The Dakota.

5. jdshankles

jdshankles New Friend

Nov 28, 2005
    Rochester, MN
    just to clarify...

Billy, you have tickets for the 13th?

Manny, isn't Chuck's concert on the night of the 12th, not the night of the 13th?

--jD

6. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    JD,

Perhaps you're right! I thought I had received a note which said the 13th but I may have been mistaken. Either way, I'll be there. Chuck is a wonderful entertainer and I always enjoy his stuff.

ML

7. Mikey

Mikey Forte User

Oct 24, 2003
    See you all there.........

8. Jimi Michiel

Jimi Michiel Forte User

Mar 22, 2005
    Boston