Maynard on Trumpet Evolution???

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by crazyandy88, Jan 21, 2010.

1. crazyandy88

crazyandy88 Pianissimo User

Nov 3, 2007
    Fayetteville, AR
    Hello all,
    Do Maynard Ferguson, Dizzy Gillespie, and Wynton Marsalis all play on ARtouro Sandoval's Trumpet Evolution. I know that Arturo plays in the style of all of the other, desceased, players. All three of these players were alive and I thought I read somewhere that they recorded their songs. Is this so?
    Thanks

2. rettepnoj

rettepnoj Fortissimo User

Feb 22, 2009
    Norway
    No, it's all Arturo..:-) And Dizzy was NOT alive, he died january 6th 1993!!

Last edited: Jan 21, 2010
  3. crazyandy88

Nov 3, 2007
    Fayetteville, AR
    Thanks for the info. That's impressive. Astounding versatility to sound so close to all of those players! I only wish to be so versatile some day.

4. Markie

Markie Forte User

Jan 4, 2009
    Clarksburg, WV
    All trumpets are the amazing Arturo Sandoval!!!

5. Hoghorn

Hoghorn Pianissimo User

Dec 30, 2008
    Manitowoc Wi.
    I'm sure Rowuk could do it better......just ask him

6. crazyandy88

Nov 3, 2007
    Fayetteville, AR
    I found the credits for the album. The trumpet section is quite a lineup including Malcolm McNabb and Wayne Bergeron. One weird credit though...Rafael Mendez is listed as:Trumpet, Soloist. I know he passed in 1981 so is this referring to his influence? None of the others are credited. Maybe they used a recording of his solo La Virgen de la Macarena? It certainly does not sound like it. Here are the credits I found Trumpet Evolution by Arturo Sandoval @ ARTISTdirect.com - Shop, Listen, Download

7. rettepnoj

rettepnoj Fortissimo User

Feb 22, 2009
    Norway
    He is NOT listed as a soloist in the cd booklet though..:-) No, this is Arturoe tribute to this guys, so ALL TRACKS ARE PLAYED BY ARTURO SANDOVAL:play::lol: