Medics, please!

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by barliman2001, Jun 22, 2014.

1. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    I think the wedding should be enough stress for quite awhile ---- so I would cancel the other gig just to be on the safe side (might as well get healthy first) ---- congratulations on the marriage, I will check back with you in 3 months to see if YOU WERE PREPARED for that gig -- ROFL ROFL ROFL (sorry for the humor, but laughter is often the best medicine, and I feel better already for cracking a joke) ROFL

2. amzi

amzi Forte User

Feb 18, 2010
    Northern California
    So, getting married, huh! Does this mean you'll be sell off some of your horns?

3. barliman2001

barliman2001 Fortissimo User

Jul 5, 2010
    Vienna, Austria, Europe
    No chance... my wife-to-be is an opera singer, and we are cooperating... lots of music out there for soprano and trumpet!

4. Newell Post

Newell Post Piano User

Mar 31, 2014
    Silicon Valley
    I've never performed at your level, but I have had a series of respiratory problems my entire life including bronchitis triggered by chronic sinusitis, which takes forever to get better and never completely goes away. I was on daily antibiotics for 2+ years one time. I started playing the trumpet as a kid partly as respiratory therapy for these conditions.

I would cancel. Six weeks is a long layoff and two weeks is not much time to get back up to full capacity. It's easy for me to say that since I don't depend on the trumpet to earn my living. But you are the best judge of your condition and capabilities. Good luck with it and get well soon.

5. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    No, no, no... Go with your lungs!

6. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    1) 'Cause you didn't have me as your doctor!
    2) And you wouldn't have caught the pneumonia if you were wearing baggy pants!

7. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    If you want to be safe... wear protection! As a medic, that is one of our party lines.

8. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    If I told you that you had a beautiful body, would you hold it against me. - That's my own line!

9. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    I personally LOVE opera creams!

10. Lionelsax

Lionelsax Mezzo Piano User

May 8, 2013
    Don't complain if your wife and you become deaf. No peace, no rest at home.